Powered by Blogger.

Revisiting "These Gifts We Give"

Merry Christmas from the Frick Collection, New York City
 
I wrote the original post on the gifts of Christmas in 2013 and reposted it last year. It may be my favorite post of the thousands I've written and I'd like to share it again. A few days ago a friend wrote that she was feeling sad. She had done little shopping, her cards were undone and she felt she had no gifts to give, not unlike the Little Drummer Boy. So untrue in her case, or in the case of almost everyone I know. Donna is one of the most generous people I know. She is devoted to family, to her work and church communities and to her friends, including Buttercup. I suspect that her errands were undone while she was caring for those fortunate enough to be part of her world.
 
Thank you, dear friends of Buttercupland, for your beautiful and thoughtful gifts this year, and in the almost ten years past. I am once again grateful for comments, emails and the opportunities to meet my blogger friends all over the world. I never dreamed what a world or friendship I would gain with my first post in 2009. Love and thanks at Christmas and all through the year.
 
   Merry Christmas, and a glad new year!



5 comments

Mevely317 said...

I don't know if I'd have considered LDB 'second-rate' … perhaps forgettable. Because it was my late mother's favorite, it now holds a firm place in my personal Nostalgic Hall of Honor.
Thank you so much for the gift of your friendship, dear Carol!

TARYTERRE said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Thank you for your gift of friendship and sharing all you do about your wonderful city. It's Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air! Wishing you a very blessed day and happiness in the New Year!

peggy said...

Please share it every year. I loved it. Merry Christmas blessings.

Theresa said...

We have been friends a long time and for that I am thankful! Hope you enjoy the rest of the year in your beautiful city! HUGS!