Powered by Blogger.

It's Snowman Sunday All Day

Happy and merry!
 
It's been another day of celebration as the Snowman family gathered to celebrate their favorite day of the year, Snowman Sunday. There was lots of fun, lots of snow ice cream and a good time was had by all the group. The snowman ice cream was complements of the freezer as there is no snow in New York City. The snowmen are disappointed, but I am happy, happy, happy. I'm grateful for no boots being needed, no concerns about slipping and relatively balmy temperatures. 
 
I realize that there may be visitors to Buttercupland that will note that the Snowman family is a diverse group. This year Snowman Sunday invited teddy bears and dolls to the festivities. It was tough to get the entire group into the picture, but everyone snuggled together and we've got a photograph for the ages. 
 
Somewhere in the last twenty-four hours I shed my anxiety about all the things that are still undone. Presents are bought and almost all are wrapped. I've still got cards to write, but I don't think anyone will be upset if they arrive a few days -- or a week -- after Christmas. I also shed an overbooked schedule and found my concentration again. I've been reading more in the last few days than I have in the last few months. What a great gift to give myself, and all it took was slowing down. 
 
The Snowman family joins me in wishing happy and merry to our Pink Saturday friends and to all of Buttercupland. Please stop by tomorrow for Christmas Eve greetings and one of my all-time favorite posts.
 
As ever, thanks for visiting. Take care, keep cozy and happy and merry wishes!
 

6 comments

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Merry, Merry Christmas!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Reading really does relax us and help us take time for ourselves! Love the snowmen...and crew! Merry Christmas!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

the snow men around here a disappointed too. Our snow melted and I too am very thankful, there will be no slipping and sliding around, although I may be wearing my boots for warmth.

Lonni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lonni said...

Peace, joy and love to you, Carol.
See you soon!

TARYTERRE said...

love the snowmen. each and everyone of them is delightful.