Powered by Blogger.

Pink Saturday Celebrates National Doughnut Day

 

Today Dunkin Doughnuts is giving a free doughnut (with beverage purchase) 
to celebrate National Doughnut Day. 

I am an enormous doughnut fan and National Doughnut Day presents a great temptation. Actually every day doughnuts are a temptation, especially since this Dunkin is a block from home and I pass it almost every day. "My" Dunkin is at my closest bus stop and as I got off the bus this afternoon the pink and orange pennants were calling me, loudly. But I was on the way home from a Weight Watchers meeting and fortunately I was still inspired enough to say no thank you to a fluffy sweet doughnut. 

I did succumb to a doughnut protein bar, which isn't quite a doughnut, but still very tasty.  

My own kind of Doughnut Day treat and perfect for Pink Saturday

National Doughnut Day began in 1938 by the Salvation Army to honor the Salvation Army "lassies" who volunteered at canteens for American soldiers in France in 1917. The yummy day is traditionally observed on the first Friday of June. 

Tomorrow morning I leave for Colorado. I'm mostly packed, mostly organized and both excited and nervous. I hope to post here at least a few times, but will also be posting on Instagram daily. If you're also on Instagram, please join along in the fun. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and have a great weekend. 

9 comments

Deb J. in Utah said...

Quest protein bars that taste like donuts....hmmm...I may be putting those on my shopping list. Less guilt. I am now following you on Instagram so I can follow your Colorado adventures. Have a great time!

Karen said...

Oh, I love donuts. I'm sorry I missed the celebration:(

Welcome to Colorado! It's going to be hot and dry here this week, but June is a beautiful time to visit. Enjoy!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

This is one of my favorite holidays as I do love donuts. I'm tempted often and have cut back to having only one instead of two everyday. What can I say but I do love donuts! Enjoy your trip out west and hope to see some of your posts. I don't do Instagram but will watch for them here on blogger.

obscure said...

The Doughnut Plant donuts are my fave - they haven't opened the one on 23rd but other locations are open. I had Tres Leches AND wild blueberry today - you know, since it's a holiday ;)

diane b said...

That must be hard to avoid when you pass the shop everyday. Well done for not being tempted.
Enjoy your trip.

Edna B said...

I would have loved a free donut but I don't like Dunkin's coffee. Plus they are way overpriced. Plus they don't make my favorite donut anymore. They discontinued it quite a while ago. Now I have to go elsewhere for a donut. You have a safe and enjoyable trip. Hugs, Edna B.

Theresa said...

A great day to celebrate a delicious sweet treat. I treat myself occasionally to a YUMMY DONUT, that protein bar looks good too:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We like donuts as well, but hard to find good ones and we passed up any DD freebies. I have been late in catching up on blog reading, and know you have left for your CO adventure by now. Hope you had a good flight and lots of adventures once there.

Anne M Robinson said...

Oh the donuts! I try hard to avoid them but when we took our trip to NYC and stayed in Queens we passed a Dunkin Donuts everyday where we had a coffee and donut. Nver gained an ounce as we walked everywhere. HaHa and the subway station was a skip away from that donut shop. Sweet memories. Thank you for sharing.