Powered by Blogger.

Pink Saturday Celebrates Wildwood Days

Two of our new friends, BeBe and Violet

In a time long ago before the internet my family spent a week in Atlantic City, though I have no photos to remind exactly what year this occurred. In an act totally unlike my parents we
went to the Steel Pier to see Bobby Rydell in concert. My approximately 63 year old memory is that "Volare" had just been released and we'd likely listened to it 500 times in the car as we drove from Connecticut to Atlantic City. 

I hadn't thought about this concert for decades until last weekend. I spent the weekend in Wildwood, NJ, about forty-five minutes south of Atlantic City. It was the setting for a Baby Yoda meetup, and it was a wonderful weekend. Wildwood was also the setting of Bobby Rydell's "Wildwood Days," which I heard playing in Wildwood hundreds of times. 


Pep and some of the 50 Baby Yodas who were part of the weekend


Sometime in the spring I got an invitation to join an Instagram group that was looking to put together a Baby Yoda get-together in New Jersey. I hadn't met any of the other members of the group, but I'd commented on their posts. It felt familiar to me, as I'd become friends with so many in the blog community via comments. As planning went on the date worked and I signed up for a weekend in Wildwood. 


We all had a fabulous time, including Pep and Nessie. It was a terrifically fun and friendly group and so talented. I loved all the creativity in the group, including Pep's official meet-up t-shirt and Nessie's name tag. 

I'm never sure how a group of strangers becomes a group of friends, but once again it happened. It shouldn't surprise me, but it always does. Whether it was Girl Scout camp when I was eleven or my first blogger meetup in Maryland in 2010. Strangers become friends and the world is a little smaller and so much warmer. It was a perfect Pink Saturday and end of summer weekend at the beach. 

I've been back to New York not quite a week and it's been busy. It's been good busy, but really busy, especially with celebrating Rosh Hashana. Our services were wonderful this year and I was so fortunate to spend time with friends who are family. I had time for prayer and time to focus on the year ahead. 

As ever thanks for visiting. Good wishes for the week ahead!

6 comments

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Carol. The Baby Yoda get-together looks like so much fun! I had no idea that Baby Yoda groups were a "thing." Sounds like a fun event and it also brought back some good memories of the Bobby Rydell concert. May you have a blessed Rosh Hashana. See you again soon!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I've never been a big baby yoda fan, but that collection is huge. I can see all the pink there and am glad you got to go. I love beach days. The beach is my favorite place to be, Sadly our beach days are over and it's been really cool here/

Theresa said...

What a fun time with the baby yodas! Friends come together in the strangest ways, good to be able to get together! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Traveling Suitcase said...

Cute cute pictures. I couldn't agree with you more about meeting people you've known on line. I've done it a number of times and always find it fun. It does indeed make the world a bit smaller. So glad you got to go and that you brought back memories of your childhood trip. How nice to hear your services were good. Happy New Year to you.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Admittedly, I have never have a fondness for Yoda figures, but this gathering sounds like it was a fun event. It is really nice to meet blogger buddies who become friends. Glad you had a great time and in my native NJ as well😀.

Traveling Suitcase said...

Waving hi as I make my blog rounds and hope all is well with you.