Powered by Blogger.

Pink Saturday Goes to the Brooklyn Book Festival


Our Pink Saturday adventure this week was a visit to the Brooklyn Book Festival. It was a bright -- actually hot -- day, but I enjoyed being outdoors and strolling through the exhibits. Publishers, book stores and literary magazines, both national and local, made it a fun afternoon in downtown Brooklyn.

  So enjoyed meeting Karen Tuck and Alan Richardson, authors of Hello, Cupcake. They had the cutest cupcakes I've seen in a long, long time. There are great ideas on their website, especially for holidays that will be coming up.
 
   Three of my favorite authors on the same panel, and I had a front row seat!
 
The Sunday of Brooklyn Book Festival is packed with panels. There are sites throughout downtown Brooklyn running from morning to late in the afternoon. I chose to spend time at the exhibits and then select one panel whose focus was noir writing. It included Pete Hamill, whose writing I've enjoyed since high school, mystery writer Laura Lippman and novelist, Tayari Jones. Tayari is a new favorite writer for me. I'm finishing her most recent novel, An American Marriage. It's not an easy read, but one I'm sure will stay with me.
 
I hope you've enjoyed our weekend of books. I'm not quite sure what the week holds in Buttercupland, though I think it may be time for a giveaway to celebrate the start of autumn. 
 
A ever, thanks for visiting. Good wishes to our friends in North Carolina. Stay safe and dry!  
 

5 comments

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

We have lots of festivals here in the fall but we do not have a book festival. How great you have one there. It is nice you had great weather. We never know what this time of year will bring, but we too had some lovely days this past weekend. Happy Monday to you ! Have a great week!

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I saw that cupcake book and immediately sent the link to my granddaughter who plans on being a pastry chef. She has been selling her cupcakes and other pastries since she was 10 (15 now).

It was a lovely weekend for a change and it looks like it was a good time at the book fair. It looks very well attended.i

Kerin said...

Looks like a very enjoyable day.
Very cute cupcakes there...are they as yummy as they look?

Have a lovely week.
~K.

Theresa said...

You have all the fun:) What a great way to spend a Saturday! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Curtains in My Tree said...

I sure would have enjoyed that