Powered by Blogger.

It's National Lighthouse Day

 

The Lighthouse in Halifax, Nova Scotia 

We've celebrated any number of special days and if I blog for the next twenty years -- and hope that I do -- it's unlikely that I will write about all of them that exist today, let alone all that will be created in the next twenty years. Among many others, today is also National Chili Dog Day, National Cheesecake Day and National Take an Elevator Day.

But we're here to celebrate the lighthouse, one of my favorite sights to discover when I'm traveling. I thought I had a lot of lighthouse photographs, but even with my trove of literally thousands of photographs, I only found one lighthouse site, Halifax, Nova Scotia, in the Canadian Maritime Provinces. I've been to Halifax several times and these photographs are from my last visit in August 2022. I loved my visit and one of my wishes was another visit to Halifax. It seemed unlikely, but I've got another quick visit to Halifax scheduled for next month. I've got a cruise scheduled that will take me and two dear friends from my working days to Newport, Boston, Bar Harbor and yes, Halifax. We planned it months ago and we're leaving in little more than a month. 

A scene from Halifax Harbor



The sweatshirt I didn't buy

While I did have ice cream in Halifax -- so yummy and great flavors -- I decided against one of the sweatshirts pictured above. I'm not a sweatshirt wearer, but I loved these cute sweatshirts. It was early in the trip and I decided to wait until later in the trip to buy any shirts/sweatshirts/souvenirs etc. On this trip Halifax is my last stop and having been to the other stops a number of times, I don't anticipate buying very much. I have a feeling that "Welcome to the Moo Life," may be coming home with me. Which sweatshirt do you prefer, Moo Life or Cows?

The good news from New York is that the heat broke, for what I hope will be more than just today. I went out to do errands wearing a jacket, for the first time in quite awhile. I got an email from our electric company telling me that last month was nine degrees warmer than last year and expect a big bill for July. I have no regrets about keeping cool, but I'm glad I was warned that the bill would be enormous.

As ever, thanks for visiting and keep cool.

6 comments

Deb J. in Utah said...

It's still hot here in Utah, probably for a few more weeks, but I am looking forward to the fall cool down, which will probably be coming in September. Both sweatshirts are cute and would be a fun souvenir. It's always fun to see what you are doing in Buttercup Land! See you again soon!

Sharon said...

Boy, this brings back some very recent, VERY happy memories! I so loved my time in Halifax and all of Canada. Wish I had those cool temps back again. I'll look forward to pics from your trip.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

On our recent road trip to New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island, Canada, we saw several lighthouses. Next month we will be in Cape Cod for a lighthouse ham radio event. We had Cows ice cream several times on our Canada trip, but didn't buy any apparel.

Mevely317 said...

How did I miss National Cheesecake Day?!
I'm so happy (and more than a little envious) for your upcoming adventure.
You ladies behave! 🤭

Anonymous said...

Nice pic of the Halifax Lighthouse. There are seven lighthouses within driving distance in NC where I am located - so have always enjoyed lighthouses. I would choose the Cow sweatshirt. Jan H

Jeanie said...

Halifax -- another spot I hope one day to visit!