Powered by Blogger.

When You Can't Be in Paris: Olympics 2024

I couldn't be in Paris for the Olympics, so I made my way to Rockefeller Center 
and the NBC Olympics Viewing Village


As we know I love Paris and I love the Olympics, but the two didn't come together for me this year. I was more than fortunate  to be in Paris a few months ago, but the logistics (and cost) didn't make it work for a return or later trip this year. Besides being glued to television coverage I enjoyed a visit this week to Rockefeller Center and the NBC Headquarters. What is usually the skating rink has become a giant Olympics Viewing Village. Even with the heat -- and it's been so hot and humid -- I had the best time. 

The Eiffel Tower -- in my backyard


My friend G was visiting and we had a wonderful visit. We enjoyed seeing the events on the giant screen, seeing the monuments of Paris and the photographs of the medal winners. Pep, Baby Leo Yo and Bingo (G's Baby Yoda) loved having a photograph with their Olympics favorite, Simone Biles. 


Pep, Baby Leo and Bingo having the best time

Since we've got Paris on our minds it's (more than) time for the Paris giveaway I meant to do in May, after I got back. I've got two magnets -- for two people -- and it's easy to enter this giveaway. Please leave a comment with your favorite Olympic event(s). I'll pick the two winners next Sunday, August 11. We'll go first with our favorite events. As we can see from the picture above we love gymnastics. I'm also a big fan of swimming -- Go, Katie Ledecky -- and track and field. 

These magnets could be yours

I'm back from Northern New York and as always it took a few days to get back into my routine. But this week I got to the gym, Pilates class, grocery shopping and (some) walking. It's been hot and humid and not conducive to a lot of time out of doors. I'm trying to get in my exercise and yet, not overdo it. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and keep cool.
 

2 comments

Jeanie said...

Leave it to Rockefeller Center. That's a fabulous idea and I'll bet it draws quite a crowd. I confess, I watch the Olympics as much to see Paris as to see the sport!

Anonymous said...

My favorite sport for the Olympics is diving. Love the pics of Rockefeller Center! Jan H.