Powered by Blogger.

Take Me Out to the Ballgame

 

Spring Training has now become Baseball Season

This is the last of the Arizona posts, and what would have been a spring training post is a salute to the entire baseball season, which began with Opening Day last week. No worries, we can't have the season without spring training. 

I'm a baseball fan and one of my dreams has been to get to spring training and after decades of loving  baseball I finally made it. I was delighted when it was offered as part of our Dartmouth mini-reunion week -- thanks, Neal -- and decided that if one game was good, two were better. It made for a very full day in Scottsdale (which is enormous) and a lot of baseball. That said, the baseball was top notch and the company was equally top-notch. 


The Mariners vs the Brewers

My first game was at the Peoria Stadium and we had sun, barbecue and great baseball. The stadium was small -- closer to Minor League size -- and the crowd was fun and friendly. The second game was across Scottsdale in a much bigger and more crowded stadium. The baseball was good -- Rangers vs Cincinnati -- and the company was again, terrific. But I once again learned the lesson that sometimes doing less is just right. Happily the evening ended with fireworks, which I always enjoy. 




This post is officially my end of winter (and winter vacation) post and hello to spring. We had a glorious and sunny spring Easter Sunday and now it's been raining and cold for the last few days. But the sun is predicted to return on Friday and I may finally be able to retire my down coat until December, at least that's what I'm hoping. 

Stay tuned for my next post, with big travel news, and I am excited.

As ever, thanks for visiting. If you're in the path of storms, stay safe and cozy and take care. 

3 comments

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

As we are currently in the midst of a spring nor’easter here in New England reading about spring training and baseball was much more pleasant. Hope we can all ditch winter coats soon, maybe by June?

Anonymous said...

We had great fun, too, Carol. Neal was in his glory at the games surrounded by classmates, and spouses, who appreciated his baseball knowledge, and basking in the spirits of baseball and friendship. It was a special moment. 😎🎉⚾️☘️💜❗️

Janet said...

Love baseball. How fun to go to spring training!

Janet’s Smiles