Powered by Blogger.

These Boots Are Made for Hiking

These boots are made for hiking 

For the first time in fifty years -- give or take a few years -- I am now the owner of hiking boots. I'm not a shoe shopper and I'm not much of a hiker, but for my adventure next week, hiking boots are required for the hiking trails of Sedona, Arizona. There are a lot of activities planned and I may only be out hiking once during my visit, but I am now (almost) prepared. I've got the boots, the socks and I just need band-aids and Moleskin in case the socks don't quite do the job and I acquire a set of blisters. 


Sedona, here I come!


Sunset in Sedona, February 2020


This will be my fifth visit to Sedona and I'm eagerly looking forward to a return. The last time I was there was February 2020. I had planned to travel with a friend, but sadly she had illness in her family and couldn't join me. I was tempted to cancel the trip, but since all the plans were set I went ahead and made the trip. At the time I left for Arizona I had a number of travel plans ahead for 2020, but by the time I returned to New York I knew that those plans were unlikely to materialize. The memories and beauty of Sedona would help carry me through what was to come in 2020 and beyond.   

I'm starting to put things aside for the trip and get the inevitable errands done. Started yesterday with an early medical appointment and then a trip to the Metropolitan Museum. I saw a show I really enjoyed, "Women Dressing Women," and will be posting photographs in the next few days. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and happy wishes for the week ahead!  

7 comments

Mevely317 said...

Those boots (almost!) tempt me to take up hiking! Now I'm wishing I'd spent more time in Sedona. Wishing you safe travels and happy memory making!

PS - I keep meaning to ask, did you want me to send you my mailing address in Alabama?

Lynda said...

I am so very excited for you to get to do this. I am excited for us, too, because you will share some beautiful pictures! And I know you will - - - be super careful on the hike. Look to see where your feet are landing so you can avoid an injury.

Laurie W said...

I'm so jealous. We spent only 2 days in Sedona (almost 20 years ago) on our way back to Phoenix (the airport) from The Grand Canyon. I loved Sedona. Enjoy your trip. Do you have walking sticks? They might be helpful.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I hope the boots do the trick. If they fit properly you shouldn't get any blisters. I've done a lot of hiking over the years, but never got a blister. Enjoy your trip and post more pictures! Love , ma

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Getting the boots was a good plan, Carol, as your feet will be thankful for good footwear. Sedona, AZ, should be a wonderful return visit and will look forward to reading about your travels and seeing more lovely photos.

Anonymous said...

Break those boots in a little bit before you go! Praying you have an amazing trip!! ❤️

Lowcarb team member said...

Those boots look good.
Enjoy your trip.

All the best Jan