Powered by Blogger.

Once Again, I Took the Road to Sedona

 



I'm back from Sedona and Phoenix for not quite 36 hours and I'm having huge withdrawal symptoms. It was a fabulous week for scenery, experiences and friendship. I tried to keep my expectations in check, but even if I had high expectations the trip would have far surpassed them. 

This was my fifth trip to Sedona. The first one was in 2006 and I completely fell in love with it. My last trip was in February 2020, right before the world turned upside down. This trip, with my college class included a few people I'd gotten to know at, and since, our reunion in 2022. By the time our week was over I'd made a dozen friends, which both delighted and amazed me. They were all -- yes, all! -- great traveling companions and a lot of fun to spend time with. 

My hiking boots (featured in the last post) were a complete success and not a blister or an ache after hiking the Fay Canyon Trail. It's a four mile hike for "people who prefer a shorter hike with minimum elevation changes," which was perfect for me. One of our classmates is a hike leader and was so kind and helped me over every rough patch on the trail. 


As seen on the Fay Canyon Trail

My visit to Sedona included hiking, three dinners as a group and time spent enjoying the majestic sights. I especially liked breakfast looking at the red rocks that surround Sedona. What a treat!

One of my favorite breakfast sights!

There were two more parts to this trip. We spend a day in very scenic and historic Prescott, which will be my next post, and then we were on to Phoenix. There will be a post (or two) about all we did in Phoenix, including my first time seeing spring training baseball.  


I'm happy I've got a lot planned for this week, including Pilates class and a few medical appointments. This morning started with my Zoom book club and we had a great discussion of Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus.  What's on your reading list these days?

As ever, thanks for visiting and take care. 


7 comments

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi! I have been enjoying your pictures from Arizona as you posted them on Facebook! Sedona is a great place. We love it. Those are really great hiking boots you showed off in your last post. So glad your trip went well. You certainly visited Arizona at the right time of the year. By May it will be too hot! Have a good week. See you again soon!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Sedona looks so beautiful. Nice you got out for a trip with the extra addition of friends too. I don't hike these days so I'll just enjoy it through your view. Thanks always for sharing your pictures with us. Happy First Day of Spring !

Latane Barton said...

What a fabulous trip to Sedona. I have never been. Should have put it on my bucket list.

Karen Jones Gowen said...

I've never been to Sedona. It's wonderful to visit a place that feels so special to you.

Mevely317 said...

That looks like you're breakfasting at the Creekside Cafe? I've not been hiking in many years -- and now fear I'd probably twist an ankle and go home in a cast. Good for you!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

From these few photos, it looks like you had a spectacular trip to Sedona once again. As I do not use Facebook, I will be looking forward to seeing any others you post on the blog. Good to read that the new hiking shoes were a great fit as sometimes new shoes can be problematic as I learned during our UK trip last fall. Yes, you had a great breakfast view!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

And, in answer to your question about what I'm ready now, it's Diva by Daisy Goodwin. It's about the late Maria Callas, who I learned died at a relatively young age in her early 50s..