Powered by Blogger.

Wedding Wednesday at the Desert Botanical Garden

 

Beautiful bride at the Desert Botanical Garden in Phoenix
There were two weddings on this perfect Arizona spring day

I'm skipping out of chronological order to post about my very last adventure in Arizona, a visit to the wonderful Desert Botanical Garden. When the last day of my trip rolled around there were just five of our original group left. My friends, Elizabeth and Neal, had made 8:00 am reservations, but the we three laggards figured we'd arrive later in the day and just waltz in. No waltzing! When my friend Charlie arrived later in the morning, there were no tickets and no parking. We three remaining took a nice walk and had a farewell lunch together. But thanks to resourcefulness -- not mine -- and a quick cellphone check of tickets, there were tickets for 2:30 and I got to end my visit to Arizona with one of my favorite activities of the trip. 


Greetings from the Desert Botanical Garden

The Garden was extraordinary -- beautiful and fascinating. I knew just about nothing about desert plants and environment on arrival and have a much better sense of the complex ecosystem of the Sonoran Desert. I especially enjoyed seeing the hummingbirds and do regret missing the butterfly exhibit, but the line was at least half a city block long. 


Along the Desert Wildflower Trail

I enjoyed all five trails that comprise the Garden, but I loved the wildflowers. When I was there I wanted to make sure that I saw every section, but I wish I had spent more time in this section. March is a fabulous time for desert wildflowers in Arizona and despite taking a lot of photographs, I wish I'd taken more. There was beauty in every direction.


Spectacular plants and sky

We ended the day with a fun dinner at Gertrude's, the Garden restaurant. Loved dinner on the patio and the elotes -- Mexican corn -- fritters. Then it was off to the airport and my red-eye flight back to New York. 

It's been a rough re-entry, but after two medical visits, grocery shopping and a few errands I feel that I'm back to New York life. I walked my usual three miles today -- didn't quite make it for the last few days -- and now I'm happily blogging.   

I've got a few more Arizona posts and then we're on to spring flowers in New York City. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and happy spring!

 

5 comments

16 blessings'mom said...

Oh what a beautiful place. I'll be going to Phoenix again in May, I wouldn't want to live there but it's such a nice place to visit. New York is beautiful too, right?

Lynda said...

What an amazing trip you have experienced! It's like another world and it's just across the river in our country. Thanks, again, for sharing your photos with us. Very thankful, too, that you had a wonderful time.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Thanks for sharing more great photos of your AZ trip, Carol. Getting back to regular life always takes awhile especially after such a wonderful getaway.

Marcia said...

wondered where you had got to. I visited that garden in 2019 with my brother and sister in law who live north of Phoenix in Anthem. It is so different from gardening on the east coast. My sister in law has embraced that kind of garden and almost has a mini version of that in her backyard. No grass for them.

Aviator said...

Your post was a delight to read! Please continue sharing your insights. I'm eager for more! Access exclusive content about the Aviator game on our blog.