Powered by Blogger.

Afloat in the Canadian Maritimes


 Greetings from the North Atlantic, off the coast of Canada. I’d hoped to post a few days ago, but the wi-fi on the ship was more than a little wonky and couldn’t load photographs. The ship is somewhere between Newfoundland, Canada today and Greenland, a territory of Denmark, today and the wi-fi is behaving beautifully. 


Speaking of beautiful, the scenery has been gorgeous. Our first port stop was in Halifax on Tuesday. Great city with an awesome waterfront area. The photograph above is a lighthouse I saw just as the ship left Halifax harbor. The next photograph was taken from the waterfront in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, just across the harbor.



We stopped in St. John’s Newfoundland yesterday and had a fabulous excursion to see the second largest puffin colony in the world. An amazing experience!


Tomorrow we’ll still be sailing to Greenland and wi-fi permitting, I’m hoping to post again. I’m blogging from my phone and while it’s surprisingly easy, it can also be surprisingly weird. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and take care.

5 comments

Mevely317 said...

Gosh, I didn't realize there was such a sailing (itinerary)!
I'm going to investi-Google; and, perhaps re-think my belief my cruising days were over.
Enjoy every moment!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow, looks like you are on a beautiful adventure. Great pictures! Enjoy your trip!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Nice to find this post, Carol, and hope the trip is everything you hope it will be as an adventure is a wonderful thing after so long.

Theresa said...

Beautiful views, enjoy every moment☀️ Hugs

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Looks and sounds like a wonderful trip. Hope you enjoy every moment of it!