Powered by Blogger.

Monkey Monday: Meet Acorn

This could be the start of a beautiful friendship

Pep and his new friend, Acorn, have enjoyed day trips around New York City to see the sights. This photograph was taken before they left for a visit to Central Park on Saturday.  

I met Acorn last summer when I was visiting my friend of very long-standing, Debby (Junior High School) in Norway, Maine.  We were both struck by Acorn's gentle smile and sweet nature and it crossed my mind that she might be a match for our lovelorn monkee. After Pep's recent heartbreaks I've been reluctant to introduce him to anyone new and put Acorn out of my mind. But Debby continued to see Acorn around town and felt that Acorn and Pep would get along. Debby was so strong in her conviction that she offered Acorn a ticket (actually a mailing envelope) to New York. Acorn arrived a few weeks ago and a sweet friendship developed between Pep and Acorn. 

You may be asking what's in the future for this adorable couple. Acorn is shy and she is not rushing into anything permanent, which tempers Pep's customary impetuousness. As my grandmother used to say and Doris Day sang, "Que sera, sera; What will be, will be."

Thanks, Debby, for being a matchmaker and thanks for being a friend of almost sixty years. 

It's a cooler night than it's been in awhile and I was inspired to whip up a batch of no-sugar ginger cookies. They're due to come out of the oven in about a minute, so I'll bid good night and have a cup of tea and home-baked cookies. Happy autumn, friends.

As ever, thanks for visiting and have a sweet evening.  

6 comments

Edna B said...

What a wonderful story. I wish the lovely couple a beautiful friendship. Enjoy those cookies, hugs, Edna B.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Acorn is adorable and so appropriate for the fall season. They are sure to be a hit! It's a bonus of the fall season, being able to turn on the oven. Those cookies sound delicious!

Nellie said...

Such a cutie! Yum! Cookies! I’ve been resisting the urge to bake some here. I’m in such a mood for some that I would probably gobble up half a dozen before I could transfer them from the pan to the cooling rack!

Lonni said...

So happy Pep has a new friend!

Theresa said...

Such a cute couple:) Enjoy your day dear friend, we are supposed to get cooler weather next week. I am looking forward to it. HUGS!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Pep and Acorn are a cut couple and look great in that snazzy red convertible too and how much fun to cruise around in the cool autumn weather! Kudos to your friend, Debby, for playing matchmaker and we will look for further updates on this budding romance. Tea and freshly baked cookies sounded delicious!