Powered by Blogger.

Pink Saturday Goes to Cabot Creamery

 

The cows of Vermont welcome you to Pink Saturday

I like all kinds of cheese, from elegant French brie to English Stilton (yes, I've been rewatching episodes of Great British Bake Show). But most of my cheese consumption is much more local. I'm more than content with a sharp cheddar and that is my cheese of choice for a grilled cheese sandwich. When we passed the Cabot Farmers' Store in Waterbury Center, Vermont on Tuesday I was elated that we could visit one of the citadels of cheese in New England. But when I got to the door I saw the dreaded sign, "Closed on Tuesday." 

Happily we had time for a return on Thursday and we joined dozens of other cheese enthusiasts to see all of the products of the farmers of Vermont. Founded in 1919 in Cabot Vermont, the co-op is still going strong. I enjoyed my cheese sample -- all samples are individually packaged -- and seeing all of the products produced by members of the coop. It's not just cheese. 

It wouldn't be Vermont without maple syrup.  

I was enamored by the soap, particularly the aroma of the soap. I spent a fair amount of time debating whether pumpkin spice latte soap or apple cider soap would come home with  me. I thought about buying both, but prudently decided that one autumn bar of soap would be a
perfect treat. After a moments of deep concentration, I went with the pumpkin spice and I haven't been disappointed with my choice, though I need to keep reminding myself that it's soap and not edible. 
  


Not grown in Vermont, but the coffee did look enticing. I was tempted, but having lots of coffee at home it didn't come home with me. 


The view from the Cabot Creamery Store. I would be totally remiss to do a post about Vermont in autumn and not have a photograph of the scenery. The foliage this year wasn't as brilliant as years past, most likely due to warmer weather and a lack of cold nights. 

 I got home last night and took today to get myself used to being home, including sorting through mail and grocery shopping. I also made a list of things I needed/wanted to get done in the next few days -- laundry, of course) and I'm happy to say I checked off a good number of them. 


We've got lots going on in Buttercupland next week and I hope you'll join us. Pep makes an appearance for Monkey Monday and we'll be doing a very fun Teddy Tuesday, and there will be at least another day of Vermont fun. 


As ever, thanks for visiting and wishes for a beautiful autumn week.     


5 comments

Deb J. in Utah said...

That looks like such a great trip. I think I would have selected the pumpkin spice soap too! HAve a great week. Thanks for sharing your lovely trip to Vermont!

Edna B said...

My favorite cheese is the white cheddar. As for the soap, I may have gone with the Apple Cider. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

Nellie said...

Ah, Cabot Creamery! A place on my list for visiting! Your trip sounds wonderful!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Vermont has some lovely sights to see for sure. Good cheese is nice to have. But I'd have to say no to the soap.. I don't think I'd want to smell like pumpkin spice. I love to drink it in my coffee though. Glad you had a great trip!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I can just imagine how wonderful the soap is! What a great place to visit!