Powered by Blogger.

My First Father's Day

My father and I, spring 1951
 
I don't know if this was my first Father's Day, but 1951 was my father's first Father's Day, and this is definitely 1951. I've used this photograph before for Father's Day posts and I will probably use it again. It may be my all time favorite picture with my father. I'm not sure either of us looks happier in any other photo. 

We've all heard the phrase, "A picture is worth a thousand words," and this picture is worth at least a hundred thousand words to me. My father has been gone since 1981, but when I look at this picture we're back together in Hartford and a flood of good memories come back to me. 

On this Father's Day and every day, thanks, Daddy! Thanks for love, wisdom, a love of reading and travel and a heart full of happy memories. Thanks, too, for your patience when this sweet little girl was a whole lot of handful. 

I hope everyone has had a happy day and I also hope our friends in the west are keeping cool. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and hugs and love.

8 comments

Richard B said...

A beautiful moment, thank you for sharing

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

That picture says it all. You are both so happy to be together. Good memories do keep them in our hearts right close to us where they never leave as long as we remember them.Your father looks like a great man !

Edna B said...

What a beautiful photo. Some memories last forever. Hugs, Edna B.

Chatty Crone said...

Oh he was looking down so lovingly!

Little Wandering Wren said...

Lovely post and photo Carol - beautiful memories
Hugs
Wren x

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Thanks, Carol, for sharing this special photo and memory of your late father. He would surely have appreciated seeing it.

DeniseinVA said...

That's a lovely tribute to your Dad, and he sounds like the best kind of Dad. Such a treasure of a photo.

LC said...

Precious memories indeed!