Powered by Blogger.

Throwback Thursday Goes (Back to Last Thursday) in Breckenridge


Actually all of these photos aren't from last Thursday, but they're some of my favorites from last week in Breckenridge. I'm now back in New York for almost a week and my sleep is back to where it was before I went away. I'm happily breathing at sea level (instead of the 10,000 feet above sea level of Breckenridge), and I've gone grocery shopping and started cooking again. But with getting back to my somewhat normal routine -- not what it was in 2019 -- every few hours my thoughts to turn to Colorado and beautiful Breckenridge. 

The gondola to the slopes, not open until this week.  This was as close as 
I got to the gondola and the slopes. 

I realized that I have a number of photographs I want to share and this is my first batch. It's somewhat random, but includes some of my favorite moments in Breckenridge. 

The Willoughby Cottage on Main Street

Much of the central area of Breckenridge dates from the Nineteenth Century and the early years of the town. This cottage, and it's incredibly welcoming gate, was one of my favorites. As much as I enjoyed where I stayed -- about a mile away -- if I return to Breckenridge I'd love to spend time in this cottage. It looks like a storybook setting.

Coffee, Smile, Love. Repeat! 

I was able to pursue my love of coffee and found several places that had fabulous coffee. But this store also had a fabulous window. It might be my favorite set of sayings in all of my travels with coffee. 

I would be remiss to not introduce my new cousin, Heidi. 

One of the high points of the trip was a get-together with one of my cousins who lives in Denver and two Connecticut cousins who were visiting. It wasn't planned, but what great fortune. After our lunch in Breckenridge we all came out of the restaurant to find Heidi. We affected introductions with Heidi's non-goat friend and took photos together. I titled my post on Facebook, "Four cousins and a goat." One of our cousins suggested the title should be "Five cousins." I'm officially claiming Heidi as our new cousin, and happy that Heidi is part of the extended family.    

I've got (at least) two more Breckenridge posts. One will feature my visit with Pat and Vinnie and the other will be a Pink Saturday post commemorating Juneteenth and showing another aspect of Breckenridge's early history. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care.


6 comments

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Looks like you had a wonderful trip! Gorgeous photos!

-Soma

Chatty Crone said...

Breckenridge looks like a wonderful place to visit.

Edna B said...

I've never been there but it looks just wonderful. I love the goat! You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a beautiful place and I do love that coffee shop window too. I love my coffee! Welcome to the newest member of your family, How cute !

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

So glad you had a wonderful time in Breckenridge and that you were also were able to visit with some cousins during your visit!

LC said...

Loved all those photos and your reactions. But the one with snowcapped mountains and the gondola in the foreground was so evocative of former trips west my husband and I have made through the years. Thanks for a bit of armchair travel!