Powered by Blogger.

(Almost) Wordless Wednesday: Brooklyn

 

Fuller Place, Brooklyn

I'm reasonably sure that when people think of Brooklyn, this isn't the picture that comes to mind. But it's Brooklyn, and one of my favorite blocks in the borough. For those who saw -- decades ago -- the movie As Good As It Gets with Jack Nicholson and Helen Hunt, parts of the film were shot on this block. Last Friday I was visiting friends who live around the corner and, of course, had to take a photograph (or two).

 I'm totally back from Colorado, both in time zones and in getting used to being home.  Life is beginning to settle into a new groove and I'm doing more in person. Spent some time at the Y on two days this week, voted in person for the New York City primary yesterday and I'm riding the subway more. The stores are busier, buses and subways are busier and traffic is much, much busier, which is all good. Whenever I may be tempted to complain about the lines I remind myself that just a year ago I hadn't been out of my neighborhood in three months. 

I've still got several Colorado posts to share and I'll be doing an update on my Journey of 1000/10,000 Miles in my next post. 

I hope our Buttercupland friends in the west are keeping as cool as they possibly can. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and have a terrific Thursday!

12 comments

TARYTERRE said...

glad you've settled back in at home from your trip. getting away is always reinvigorating. from your photos looked like you had a wonderful time in colorado. those flowers in neighborhood are gorgeous. love the colors. summer delight. Havent been posting or commenting alot cause of my hubbys, my kittys and my bad health. 24/7 dealing with it all. But i havent forgotten my dear blog buddies, you especially.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I love seeing those beautiful flowers, I think they are hydrangeas . It is wonderful to get out and about more as more and more things are opening up. It's summer and time to enjoy smelling the roses !

Martha said...

Gorgeous photo! Welcome home. :)

Theresa said...

Beautiful and Brooklyn is special to me:) (my Great-Granddaughter's name, hehe) I am happy for more normal days. We just returned from our beach vacation, it seemed almost like pre-COVID days and I liked it. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Tristan Robin said...

All of the boroughs have beautiful areas. That is a particularly lovely sight you've captured! Just as so many people think New Jersey is a complete blend of Newark industrial wasteland and Atlantic City boardwalk trash, forgetting there's a reason it's known as the Garden State!

We're also starting to get out a bit more - though not as much as you. I was excited just to be sitting in a cinema watching In the Heights - which was almost as exhilarating and joyous to see as our third row center seats on Broadway for the original musical! (I've always much preferred Manuel's Heights to Hamilton - but that's contrary me! 😂

Enjoy your return to both home and a normal life post pandemic!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

It's great that you went to Brooklyn to see friends and that's a pretty house. It's wonderful that things are getting back to normal in the city. Take care and enjoy the end of the week and weekend.

Nellie said...

Beautiful area you’ve pictured! My earliest memory of hearing anything about Brooklyn has to do with the Brooklyn Dodgers! My father was a great baseball fan, and he listened to as many of their baseball games as he could on the radio. I sat right beside the radio as a child, too! It sounds like your trip to Breckinridge was a great getaway!

Veronica Lee said...

Wow! What a stunning photo! Love it!

Edna B said...

The hydrangea are gorgeous. You always do manage to find the beautiful spots to photo and share. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

Karen said...

Beautiful! I would love to sit on that porch sipping an ice cold glass of tea.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Those snowball flowers (what I have always called them) are lovely and I do not doubt that Brooklyn, the Bronx and other parts of NYC have some great neighborhoods. It's like any other city with the good, the bad and the ugly but often the negatives overtake the positives. Glad you are able to get out more and enjoy yourself, Carol. Getting back from a trip always takes some adjustment.

Barbara said...

You're right, I never would have guessed this beautiful house with the Hydrangeas are in Brooklyn. So pretty.

I hale from Colorado. Glad you could make it out there. Breck is a favorite of mine (more for the dining and shopping -- I don't ski).