Powered by Blogger.

Please Meet Soapy McSnowman

 

Welcome, Soapy!

One of my rules is not to rush the seasons. Generally I hang on to every season -- except winter -- for as long as possible, which is why I spent yesterday in a short sleeved t-shirt and flip flops. I have ordered cards and a few gifts already, but my snowmen and holiday monkey collection are still wrapped up and waiting for Thanksgiving weekend (at the earliest) to come out of their eleven month hibernation.  

But, as in everything else, I'm switching things up for 2020. During my trip to Marshall's week before last I saw very cute holiday soap dispensers. I am a snowman fan and my eye immediately went to this cute snowy guy. Since it was still October and too early for decorating I put it (mostly) out of my mind. I stopped at Marshall's during one of my walks last week and looked for the soap display. I couldn't find Snowmen or Santa. I kept looking and what had been a three shelf display was now down to a dozen and this gentleman was the last of the snowmen. Yes, there may be more on order, but there may not be. Despite my resolution to wait at least a few weeks longer before succumbing to seasonal temptations, Soapy came home with me, and is now residing in the bathroom. My only disappointment is that somehow I expected the aroma would be peppermint and instead it's a vague floral. 

What is your holiday decorating calendar? I have several friends who are in full Christmas mode and have been for the last week. I am holding off, both because the weather is just too warm for me to bring out the snowmen and two, I'm hoping that the plastering and painting will be finished and my living room will return to a more organized state. 

It's a little cooler today, but still beautiful weather. I'm waiting for the painters to come by and discuss the schedule for plaster and paint. I spotted them in the building, but I have no idea when it will be my turn. I hope it's shortly. I've got plans for a post office visit and a trip to the nearby Target. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care.   

9 comments

Lonni said...

I love Soapy McSnowman!

Olde Dame Holly said...

I'm so glad you were able to get Soapy the Snowman! With Marshalls, you must grab 'em when you see 'em, and I agree, it can be off-putting to be buying some spring item in January or the snowman before Thanksgiving! Our shops put out Christmas around October 1 this year!

Ginny Hartzler said...

He is CUTE! I have a lot of snowmen as well. I don't usually put up Christmas things till the day after Thanksgiving. But this year I may do it sooner, since no one will be coming over or seeing our house for Thanksgiving. I just found a gorgeous wreath at T.J. Maxx. Looks like metal leaves, but they are really plastic. I am tempted to hang it NOW, and will be posting it shortly.

Ruth said...

Hi Carol,

the little snowman looks really cute. good decision to buy it. I decorate for christmas on the 1st advent and the tree is only put up one day before christmas eve (December 24th).

Greetings from Germany

Ruth

Biomaster said...

Hi, Carol,
I know about decisions to wait and then not finding that special thing. But I haven't been shopping for so long I don't' remember how stores even look inside. I decorate for Halloween at the beginning of October, leave pumpkin-related stuff around through TG and decorate for Christmas on December 1, generally. We don't have a tree unless any of our kids will be here and I doubt they will be in 2020, but I have plenty of snow related treasures that stay up through spring. Maybe we will have a tree this year, if only to help support small tree farms in CT.
Kim

Theresa said...

Soapy is a cutie:) I usually decorate after Thanksgiving for Christmas. I visited my Sister this week and she has her Christmas tree up:) I have started doing some shopping but no decorating yet. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It's much cooler here today, Yesterday was a warm sunny one, today we are cloudy and cold. I'll be turning the furnace on and packing away the flip flops again. Our Indian Summer weather has come to an end. I wait until Thanksgiving weekend to get my Christmas decorations out too and do love snowmen. They are such jolly souls.

Edna B said...

Mr. Soapy is ever so handsome. I like to wait until after Thanksgiving to put up any Christmas decorations. I only put up a few, but I like to wait. I hope your turn for the painting gets done soon. It's almost Thanksgiving. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We are also snowman fans, Carol, and I decorate the apt exterior with several or rather many after Christmas is past. The holiday decorations will start in December and this year we plan on a live tree vs. the holiday village os past years. Your decision to buy Soapy Snowman was a good one because it may not have been there later, too bad the fragrance wasn’t seasonal, but you cojld always replace the contents.