Powered by Blogger.

One of My Favorite Days...

 

...is the day the Christmas trees arrive, and that was today.

It's not quite set up, and it's not in the same place as last year, but my heart skipped a quick beat to see the trees return to the neighborhood. They're now one block further from home, but easy enough to pass by when I'm out walking. I was concerned that this year our regular tree sellers wouldn't be back, but I was happy to see the scaffolding going up yesterday and the trees out on display this afternoon. 

 This is 2019. Different block and different trees, but same wonderful scene. 

One of my favorite local stores and their Thanksgiving turkey display.

I'm not planning to use too many pictures from years past in my holiday posts, but tomorrow I'm bringing out pictures of the 2018 floats from Macy's Thanksgiving Parade.  They're always fun to look at and since it's not possible for me to see them up close, we'll  go back in time. One of my goals this weekend is to see the Macy's windows, weather cooperating. 


We've had perfect fall weather and enjoyed lunch outside today.  Fingers crossed that it stays this way through Thursday and I'll be joining friends for Thanksgiving dinner on their deck. It will just be the three of us and there is plenty of space for distancing. I'm focusing on gratitude for joining with friends of long-standing (over fifty years and many celebrations and dinners), and not being sad about the celebration we're not having this year. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care!


12 comments

Olde Dame Holly said...

It's amazing to me that in the middle of such a huge city, you can get fresh trees, but here in podunk land, fresh trees are not offered anymore! Thanks for this post that brings back many memories of those tree lots!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I would love to look around The Magpie! It looks unusual, and kind of quaint. Like there would be lots of unusual treasures in there. Very nice gourd turkey!

Rustic Pumpkin said...

Oh, I am so looking forward to seeing Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!

Deb in Wales

Marcia said...

Easy to get in the holiday spirit since life is so different. Need to hold on to our special celebrations even though they don't quite look the same. I think there's rain in the forecast for the East tomorrow. Hope you have umbrellas.

peggy said...

I would love to walk by and enjoy the aroma of fresh trees and then top it off with a visit to the Magpie. Love the name.

Theresa said...

Oh the smell of fresh Christmas trees, ahhh. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, ours will be smaller too. HUGS!

Latane Barton said...

I love that turkey in the window. How cool is that! Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love your pictures from the city, as it gets ready for the holidays! So glad you are getting together with friends for an outside dinner. Warm weather is something to be grateful for so gatherings can be outside. Too cold for that here, so tomorrow will be just husband, son and I and I am looking forward to it! Have a good day!

Edna B said...

Real trees smell so nice. I'll most likely watch the parade on TV if they still have it this year. Happy Thanksgiving to you, hugs, Edna B.

Karen said...

The turkey in the window is so pretty! I'd love to go in that store. I could almost smell the pine looking at your pictures of the trees. Christmas in the city is something I'd love to experience.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It will be great to see your pictures of the parade. It's been a tradition to watch it Thnnksgiving morning for many and it will be missed this year. Hope your Thanksgiving Day is a wonderful one. We'll be eating outside too but we are not having as warm weather as you are. We'll bundle up and sit by the fire.

kestrel said...

Hope you have a perfect Thanksgiving with good weather and good friends. We don't celebrate Thanksgiving here and we also do not have real C'mas trees. It is nice to see the real trees sitting around to be bought and decorated. Magpie's window display is magical with the classy turkey