Powered by Blogger.

Keep Calm, Eat Pie and Give Thanks

 

My pie source this Thanksgiving, Breads Bakery

Due to getting totally sidetracked in the kitchen last night -- attempting to match lids and containers -- we have an editorial change in content. This morning I present the Buttercupland Thanksgiving message for 2020, Keep Calm, Eat Pie and Give Thanks. Tonight we will visit Macy's Parades past and enjoy the balloons. 

In a little while I'll be off to celebrate Thanksgiving with friends of long, long standing. We'll sit on their covered deck, eat turkey and pie -- cranberry with a hazelnut crust -- and give thanks for another Thanksgiving together. The weather is moderately cooperative. There is some light rain predicted, but also sixty degree weather, and we're planning to walk off a (tiny) bit of the pie.  

 So thankful for all of my Buttercupland friends. My blog buddies have been one of the best parts of many years, and especially so in 2020. A Thanksgiving toast to citizens of Buttercupland near and far. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

14 comments

Martha said...

Happy Thanksgiving - enjoy!

Edna B said...

If that is an apple pie, do have an extra piece for me. I love apple pie. Enjoy your day with good friends. Happy Thanksgiving Day. Hugs, Edna B.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hello and Happy Thanksgiving to you too. Your Thanksgiving in Buttercup Land sounds lovely. Enjoy. See you again soon!

Ginny Hartzler said...

We are so blessed. Just to be healthy, and you will be with good friends and good food. What could be better? Now I want pie!

Janie Junebug said...

I'm thankful for Buttercupland. If we'd had a pie, we wouldn't have even tasted it because we ate so much dinner.

Love,
Janie

NanaDiana said...

How wonderful you can celebrate with a friend like that! I have never had cranberry pie but it really sounds good!!!!
Happy Thanksgiving to you, my friend. xo Diana

Olde Dame Holly said...

So glad to have reconnected with Buttercupland again...an oasis in a hectic and difficult world!

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Belated though it may be. . .Happy Thanksgiving to you!!!

Marcia said...

Looks the weather cooperated for your Thanksgiving feast outside.
It was rainy up here in NH but stopped so we could walk off our dinners. But not dry enough for a bonfire in the garden.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

It sounds like you had a lovely Thanksgiving, Carol. I was so thankful for the lovely, mild weather we had in the afternoon so we could have a small celebration outside. As hard as the year has been, I appreciate more the blessings I have in life.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

There is nothing better than a piece of pie and coffee shared with friends. I didn't make my own this year but bought one to share from a bakery. It should be good as they are famous for their pies. So yes, we will have pie too and will be giving lots of thanks. It was good to hear that the parade stilll happened yesterday but in a modified fashion. I didn't get to see it but heard about it. My TV doesn't get the channel it was televised on .
OH, nice to know that Santa is virus free and will be here for all the kids!

Melinda said...

Hope you had a great holiday.

Watched the parade and thought of you and my niece. Nice to have some
normalcy of the parade.

We enjoyed an Apple pie with ice cream in the evening.

Hope you are having a great Friday.

M : )


Theresa said...

Perfect way to celebrate Thanksgiving. I hope you had the best time with your friends and pie sounds yummy! Have any wonderful evening. I am thankful for your friendship. Hugs

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I liked your thinking about the holiday, Carol, and we did have pumpkin pie after our turkey dinner for two, all home cooked and the best part is there were leftovers. Glad you were able to enjoy the holiday with friends, making it extra special in thrse troubled times.