Powered by Blogger.

Mailbox and Monkey Monday

 

Loved this chocolate store window in Rockefeller Center

I'd planned to have today's post finished well before midnight and posted the pictures this afternoon. But between my regular Monday afternoon Zoom call, watching the news and eating dinner I got delayed. But just as I was about to write the post I decided to watch just one episode of "Virgin River," that a friend recommended. Three episodes later I'm sitting down to keep my commitment to do a daily post. 


Last week was a fun mailbox week. Received two Thanksgiving cards and turkey socks. I'm not sure what the rest of my outfit will be on Thanksgiving day, but I know what my sock choice will be.  

It's Memory Monday for Pep, Socko and Screamer

Pep has kept to his tradition and won't start his holiday celebrating until after Thanksgiving, but I found this photograph from the days Pep and friends resided in the office with me. While Pep is still focused on pumpkins and Thanksgiving, I'm moving full-speed into cards and gifts, which leads me to a question about a gift for Pep. Pep doesn't expect special gifts and being the sweet monkey that he is, he's content with an extra banana or some banana Laffy Taffy. However, for quite awhile he's wanted a car. I got him a motorcycle a few years ago and he was happy with that, but since Bongo arrived, it's become Bongo's motorcycle. I saw a used red convertible and I've been thinking of surprising Pep. Yes or no, Buttercupland friends? 

It's now past midnight and I hope I don't turn into a pumpkin for finishing this post so late. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care!

7 comments

Olde Dame Holly Rose said...

Yes, get him the convertible! But is there enough seats for all three to ride in comfort?

Deanna Rabe said...

A red convertible is always a good idea.

GrammaH said...

Oh, he definitely needs a car!

Edna B said...

I say definitely get him the convertible. Every fellow should have at least one red convertible in his lifetime. Wowsie! He's a lucky fellow that Pep guy of yours. You have a fun day, hugs, Edna B.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I've not seen that series but now you have my interest piqued. I'll have to watch a few episodes and see how I like it. I need something new to watch. Still going over and over old seasons of Downton Abby. I'm thinking you should go for the new car. A new year is coming and a car means some new adventure. Certainly will be less costly than buying one for yourself. But maybe you can have some fun with it.

Melinda said...

Cute post! Convertible for sure!


I have read all the Virgin River books. Maybe this will come to reg tv one day.

Enjoy!

Lonni said...

Definitely the convertible! It’s been a rough year for him- a broken engagement, called off wedding plans, the pandemic and a new monkey in the house- Pep will love it!