Powered by Blogger.

Once In a Blue Moon

Happy Mail Monday! 

It's once in a blue moon when Mail Monday and Monkey Monday come together in beautiful confluence, but today was that one Monday in a blue moon. I'd asked my friends at CAM Creations for leftover scraps of sock monkey material, and they arrived today. My goal is now to make masks for Pep and Bongo. I don't think I've sewed more than buttons since my eighth grade home economics class polished cotton disaster, but I'm motivated by thought of my monkey friends in monkey masks. 

 

As part of Mail Monday I'm sharing my Halloween card collection.  

Thanks to -- from left to right -- K., blogger buddy, Tarryterre, and my friend, Ruth, in Germany. Ruth's arrived with stickers and nail decals. I usually don't do much with my finger nails, but I'm inspired to liven up my look.  

Now for the big, big news of the week. Yes, I am well aware that there is much, much bigger news on the horizon, but for this minute I'm keeping my focus on our gas inspection scheduled for Friday. I'm trying not to get too excited, but it's difficult to contain myself. 

 Since I opted out of early voting -- lines were so long -- I'm planning to vote first thing tomorrow. My polling place is literally across the street and I hope to be there when it opens at 6:00 a.m. 

As ever, thanks for visiting. Take care and if you're in the US, vote!

11 comments

Ginny Hartzler said...

I cannot wait to see them in their masks! Funny, I, also, had a polished cotton disaster in the eighth grade!! Perhaps our home Ec classes had the same curriculum.

Theresa said...

Yeah, mask for your little friends:) Can't wait to see them! I was about to ask for a gas update. I pray that the inspection goes WELL! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Martha said...

Can't wait to see the masks. Hope you were able to get your vote in first thing this morning :)

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I hope all went well for you this morning when you voted. . My daughter got to her polling place at 7 and waited in the cold for an hour and a half. This election will break records.

I hope everything goes well with the inspection and life will be easier for you. It was a long time comming.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

How sweet you are making masks. It seems as though everyone I know has tried it out but so far not me.the cards very nice too. What nice mail to have. I sent my ballot in the mail, hoping it all works out.

Edna B said...

I'll bet those masks will be adorable. Good luck with the gas inspection. Happy voting! Hugs, Edna B.

Handmade in Israel said...

Enjoy the mask making and thanks for stopping by my blog.

Marcia said...

Hope you got in first to vote!

Janie Junebug said...

Sock monkeys on the fabric! I love sock monkeys. When Favorite Young Man was very young, an aunt of mine made him a sock monkey. It was so cute and the fabric is adorable.

Love,
Janie

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love that you are making masks for your monkeys! Hope you got the voting taken care of and that the lines weren't too long!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Pep and Bongo will have some nice looking masks and certainly won't mind any imperfections knowing the masks were made with love. Nice to see your Halloween cards. I received a couple from blogger friends and we sent them to the grands and gave one to a neighbor couple who always decorate their apt for this one day.