Powered by Blogger.

The Dogs of Halloween

 Hamilton and friend celebrate Halloween

We all have interests and one of mine is I really like to see animals wearing clothes. Some people consider it really weird, but judging by the number of people I met in Abingdon Square yesterday, I am not alone in this quirk. 

The best dressed pups in New York City 

I literally sat in the first empty bench I saw in Abingdon Square and was delighted to discover I was sitting among the cutest Halloween costumes in New York City. I tried to get as many pictures as possible, but my subjects were almost in constant motion. I tried a number of times to get a picture of the cutie on the right in the pink crushed velvet, but I wasn't fast enough.

Superman stepping out in style

Loved the mouse costume amid the pumpkins

I don't remember being in Abingdon Square before, but it was a lovely place to sit and I will try and get there as often as I can. I wasn't there for very long, but long enough to get at least one more idea for a blog post. We'll return on Veteran's Day to honor all who served America, past and present. 

As sunny as yesterday was, today was dark and rainy. I had a Zoom call with my travel buddies this morning, grocery shopped and now I've got a pot of chick peas going in the crockpot. As it's gotten colder I'm cooking more and I'm looking to mix up my spices. I think I've got stuck in a rut of garlic and tomatoes. I'm cooking the chickpeas in vegetable broth with a mix of Indian spices. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care.

9 comments

Great-Granny Grandma said...

What cute doggy costumes. My favorites are the two dogs at the top. Are they yours?

Ginny Hartzler said...

They are adorable!! What a great idea you had to go there!

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

The dogs are adorable. A friend of mine does dog fostering and uses Facebook to show the dogs to the public. Most of the time they are dressed in costumes. Most of the pups find homes in less than two weeks. You are not alone in loving well dressed dogs.

Martha said...

Such adorable little costumes, always fun to see!

Edna B said...

I love seeing all the doggies dressed up. My little fellow has tons of clothes. What a beautiful place to sit and watch the sights. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What cute pups ! You couldn't have timed your visit any better. How nix you aew awnjoying nice weather. It's definitely soup weather here. Warm and cozy. Hope you get back for Veterans day.

Susie said...

Carol, Such a fun time and all out doors. Loved that. Dogs dressed up makes me smile. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Janie Junebug said...

Those doggies are adorable! I like dogs in clothes, too. Franklin refuses to wear anything other than a bandanna, but Penelope comes over to me right away when she sees I have jammies or a sweater for her. Love your blog, Buttercup.

Love,
Janie

Lonni said...

Love this post!