Powered by Blogger.

Lucky Thirteen

 

Sneaker selfie this morning

I didn't make it to the polls at 6:15 a.m., but I was there by 7:15 a.m. The line was over a block long, but it moved very quickly and by 7:45 I had finished voting and was drinking coffee. When I walked by in the afternoon there was no line and I could have sailed in and out, as I did for the midterms election in 2018.  

I thought about my voting over the years and realized this is the thirteenth Presidential race I've voted in. Some years the candidates I voted for won and other years there were losses. Some years I watched late into the night and other years were clear early on. But I am profoundly grateful that I have had the opportunity to vote in Presidential elections for decades. A shout out to the women who sacrificed so much to give women the right -- and responsibility -- to vote in the United States. 

Now I'll settle in with a Diet Coke and watch the returns, which I assume most of Buttercupland is doing as well. My election night snack treat is Diet Coke and potato chips. Does anyone else have a special snack for the evening?

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care. 

 

8 comments

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I voted weeks ago by dropping my ballot in a ballot box. The TV is on but I'm baking an apple cake...nervous energy I guess. At least the house smells good!

Ginny Hartzler said...

We are watching the returns now. And I sure want chips, but am on an ongoing diet. Of course if my candidate loses, I will likely pig out!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I made baked oatmeal as an election night treat. Diet Coke and potato chips sounds great. We voted by mail a couple of weeks ago.

Carol said...

I have been keeping an eye on election results, but I have not had a lot of television coverage on as I don't feel that we will get an outcome till the weekend anyway. I am sure that one of the candidates will win and that life will go on even if the person I voted for doesn't win.

Nellie said...

This is the “morning after.” I baked an Election Day Cake yesterday, and we enjoyed it, though we weren’t able to stay awake to watch TV past our usual bedtime. Today, I’m feeling very unsettled, and there will be no watching of news, plus I’m staying away from Twitter. Hoping for a good outcome!

Edna B said...

My night time snack is a baggie full of apple cinnamon cheerios. And a bottle of spring water. I voted too. no lines to speak of. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I am still waiting for the final count and hoping this election doesn't cause anymore turmoil than it already has. Glad it's over.

Gloria said...

I watched the election last night.
I'm glad the voting is done.
I hope they don't have a problem counting votes.
Have a great Wednesday my friend.