Powered by Blogger.

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas: American Folk Art Musuem

 

 Welcome to Christmas time in the city!

We're starting our Holiday2020 photos with a visit to the American Folk Art Museum, one of my favorite places. I passed by last week and the museum wasn't open yet, but I spent some time being enchanted by the window display. I've noticed a lot of felt decorations this year and the ones at the Museum are as adorable as any I've seen. I did a little research on the Museum's website and both the mice and the houses (not felt) can be yours, too. 


  Yes, it's a Buttercup semi-selfie with felt Christmas trees and the cutest llamas. 

My goal for this season is to do a daily post of at least one holiday photograph. It's a little more posting than I usually do, but it's a great way to celebrate the season in a different, but  still doable way.  

I gave myself a rest from the books and boxes today and instead took down the holiday cache. I'm going to sort out my cards and do a list of things I need to buy/make/order. Who else has started their cards? Decorating? Outdoor decor?

As ever, thanks for visiting and have a great week. 

12 comments

Ginny Hartzler said...

My least favorite chore of Christmas is doing the cards. So far, I have one box done, and none sent yet. I ADORE the houses and mice! Window shopping in New York is a blast! I would love to buy them, but I bet they cost a fortune. The llamas are adorable! And I have never seen felt Christmas trees!

Olde Dame Holly said...

I've already been decorating and have the outside lights going, too. I love your window display photos! Something I miss from not living in a big city now. I'm glad to see the llamas, I was scared they would already be considered "out" this year! I saw some at the gift shop locally, too.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hello. I love the Christmas decorations. I decorated our home this weekend and will do the cards soon after Thanksgiving. Hope you have a very happy Thanksgiving. I will stop by again soon.

Edna B said...

I love the Christmas display. I'm starting to address envelopes today for my Christmas cards. And, my daughter will take my first outgoing holiday package to the Post Office today for me. Tis a good feeling. You enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Those are such lovely, fun windows. Who wouldn’t smile when they pass by.

I have done some shopping (virtual), some wrapping, and some decorating. I will not do what I have always done, but there will still be some lights a glowing in and outside my home. I will probably design my card next week and start my notes to friends who live far away.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

How wonderful they had such beautiful window displays to view ! I love the Christmas season so appreciate your pictures!

Karen said...

We're putting outside lights up today. I put up the Christmas village yesterday. The rest of the decorating will be done this weekend. I love the houses and the little felt mice! Thank you for your pictures, can't wait to see what else you come up with this season:)

Melinda said...

Lights are up outside. The other stuff comes out after Thanksgiving.
Love the windows! Saw some of the Macy's window on the Nightly News
tonight, they looked great!
Can't wait to see what you have next.


M : )

NanaDiana said...

That is a great idea about one Christmas photo a day! Great pictures here today. I have been going non-stop trying to get Christmas 'done' but decided to take a break at 4pm today. Have been 'computering' since! xo Diana

Rustic Pumpkin said...

I think I would love to visit there. Too early for me, as a Brit, to be thinking about decorations, but love seeing everyone else's.

Deb in Wales

Little Wandering Wren said...

Hello - Happy Christmas. We're not sure whether any post is leaving Thailand and so I am a tad half-hearted about doing my Chrissy cards this year. I did send my Aussie ones out with a friend repatriating! I see you in the Window, fun display.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Wren x

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

On Thanksgiving, I decorated the outside of our apt entry while my husband did the turkey. It worked well as we kept out on one another’s way and both tasks got done. Next week, I will post a photo of the decos. We will put up a tree this weekend and decorate next week. It’s been a couple of years since we’ve sorted through the ornaments, and should be fun. Holiday card writing will be next week as I do enjoy doing them and so will set aside a few days. Also have a few gifts to send by the end of next week.