Powered by Blogger.

Pink Saturday Goes to the (Best) Bake Shop

 

The fabulous Sift Bake Shop, Mystic, CT

I was only away for slightly less than three days, but my visit to Connecticut included great scenery, history, fun and great food. It's difficult to choose a favorite eating place, but Sift Bake Shop, was an amazing discovery. The only difficult part of visiting Sift was making a choice. I almost ordered three pastries, but quickly realized that was more sugar than I'd had in months and restrained myself. If you look to the left bottom of the photo above, you'll see my choice. I ordered a lemon meringue croissant, which was croissant filled with lemon curd and topped with perfect meringue. 


I added one of the pumpkin chai macarons to my order because it was both unusual and the pumpkin drew me in. I hoped to save it and take it back to New York for a snack, but not surprisingly, I ate it the same night, and it was, not surprisingly, delicious.  


My other big temptation was the fabulous looking cinnamon sugar brioche, named for Ebbe, the wife of owner, Adam Young. I guess I need a return visit to Mystic to sample one of these goodies.  
My favorite flavors are lemon and ginger, and I'm not an especial chocolate fan, but these brownies called out to me. 



Please excuse the reflection from the plastic wrap, but I wanted to keep the notebooks brand new for our Challenge winner. In addition to our fun time at Sift Bakery, we have a winner for the Buttercupland Walking Challenge, Deb, from A Day in the Life. Our friend, Ruth, who lives in Germany set a walking record with 129 miles, but opted out of participating in the giveaway. Deb, congratulations! I'll be following up with you to get your address. Ruth, there will be a little surprise coming to you, too. Thanks, all, for being part of the Challenge.

A big thanks to Bev, who puts together our Pink Saturday fun every week. Buttercupland was featured in this week's post. What a nice surprise! Please stop by and have some Pink Saturday fun. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care. 

10 comments

Olde Dame Holly said...

Good choices at the bakery! I would definitely have to walk off a visit there!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I can almost smell it now! I love the smell of bakeries, and this one looks awesome! It seems that as the years go by, there are less and less bakeries. It is hard to even find one now. Of course I guess the big cities would have a few. I haven't been in one for so long!

Janie Junebug said...

Everything looks delicious. You can't beat a good bakery.

Love,
Janie

Brenda said...

I didn't see the challenge...didn't read blogs a few days. Did 154.53 miles...probably would not have entered...lol...I have severe Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, and Osteoporosis...I use my FITBIT to count steps and miles...I do what I can outside...the rest in the apartment...I watch walking tours of NYC, London, and Stratford upon Avon, and the beach...my fav places. I absolutely love your blog so much...congrats to the winner...

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hello, Thank you again! I am so excited to be the winner. What a great prize. I love shiney, clean, fresh notebooks. I am a journaler, so that is the perfect prize for me. Thanks so much. I love this post, but I think I put on several pounds just reading it! ;-) Looks like such a wonderful bakery with so many delicious treats, but alas, I, like you, am trying to lower my sugar consumption. Hope you have a great week! I will stop by again soon.

Edna B said...

Oh my, I could not leave that bakery without a bagful of those goodies. Everything looks so delicious. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It's a good thing I don't have a bakery nearby, I'd be so tempted to go hone with boxes full and not settle for one choice. It's one thing I'm trying to cut back on. Sweets are my downfall. I have little to no willpower when presented with choices like that. It all looks wonderful! Good for you on making your choice just one item.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm sorry I didn't get in on the challenge. I had a good month and hope to put in even more miles this month. I love the smell of a wonderful bakery like this! Hugs!

Nellie said...

What scrumptious goodies! A special trip to CT is on my list when we’re able to travel long distances again!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Those are some delicious looking treats just from the photos and surely tasted great, BC. This bakery will be a must find the next time we visit CT which is uncertain now.