Powered by Blogger.

Happy Autumn

 

My dinner view last night, the Mystic River

Until dinner last night I was still living in summer. It was flip-flops and shorts weather and it seemed that it would go on forever. But as the sun started to set last night -- a beautiful out of door dinner looking at the Mystic River -- there was a chill in the air. I was glad I had opted for sneakers and long pants and had a jacket with me. Right on schedule autumn arrived in Connecticut. 

I wasn't away for much more than forty eight hours, but it felt a lot longer. I'm still sorting out my pictures and in the next few days I'll be sharing both scenery and food pictures. One of the food high points was a phenomenal bakery, Sift, that was as good as any bakery I've ever visited, and definitely deserves its own post. 


I've chosen my well-worn sneaker surrounded by autumn leaves to call for entrants to the First Buttercupland Walking Challenge. If you walked one mile for twenty-five days in September, you qualify. If there are ten or less entrants, there will be one prize and if there are more than ten entrants, two prizes. My goal was eighty miles and I'm happy to report I walked 82.2 miles in September. I'm setting that as my goal for October, too, but hope to do better this month. Please post your mileage by Monday, October 5 at noon and I will post the winner -- and the prize -- on Monday night. If you didn't quite make twenty-five miles, but came close, please join in. The goal was to encourage walking and the distance is less important than getting exercise. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care.

11 comments

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Buttercup. Good for you for walking so much! I want to enter your walking challenge. I walk 2-3 miles a day. I did some quick math and figure I walked 65-68 miles last month. I will start keeping track of my mileage for October. This is a great challenge. I will look forward to your pictures from Connecticut. Have a happy Friday!

Ginny Hartzler said...

The sneakers look new! What a beautiful eating area this was! Now I am wondering what makes the river Mystic.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

What a lovely evening and view you had.

Ruth said...

Hey Carol,
This is what my fitbit Dashboard says for September: 225 km (ca. 139 miles). I dont want to participate because as you know I live to far away, but i want to show you how much I walked.

Bye Ruth

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Looks like you are having a wonderful getaway and its so easy to take more photos than you think you will, but no reason not to because you can always delete later. Congrats on the walking stats.i need to return to the indoor treadmill soon.

Marcia said...

Here's my total: 35 miles. I didn't walk consistently every day but when I did I put on some miles. This was fun to track!

Congratulations to you on your total!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It's turned much cooler here too and now it's sweater weather here. It's beautiful weather but I didn't manage to get in the 25 days of walking. More than not I've been inside reading not getting the needed exercise That's something I have to work on before it gets too cold.

Susie said...

Buttercup, My friend, I loved how you explained how summer left last night, during dinner. I am glad you were dressed for the chill also. Please take care of yourself. I have not gone for any walks but seem to be doing plenty of walking. I miss walking with my sisters. I love that you are challenging yourself this month to walk. Blessings, be safe. xoxo, Susie

Theresa said...

Beautiful! I love the colorful Fall leaves, ours aren't turning yet but they will! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Gloria said...

I'm definitely into sneakers now. I fell while wearing my
flip flops, spilled my coffee, hit my head and have a knot,
both legs have cuts on them and bruised my left hip and right arm.
Hubby said never anymore flip flops, so they are all stored and locked up
in a container. I eventually will get rid of them.
The temperatures are cooler now and our leaves on the trees are turning colors, they are so pretty.
I enjoyed your pictures.
Have a good Sunday my friend.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I totaled 63 miles! We are just now getting into the nice weather for more hiking! Thanks and congrats on your success! Hugs, Diane