Powered by Blogger.

(Optimistic) Breaking News


 I was about to title this post, "Breaking News." But I realized that in 2020, no good would be expected to arise from a post heralding breaking news. I had prepared several other posts that are much more photogenic, but when I got the news that the gas line (pictured above in my floor's trash closet) is scheduled to be inspected next week. There's still no word what day next week or if (praying and hoping!) the lines pass inspection the gas service will be restored. But this is a major step in my return to cooking and baking via my stove. I'm trying not to get too excited, but at least once an hour I start to dream about baking cookies in a real oven. 

Autumn in Connecticut

I don't want my only photograph of this post to be the trash  room, so as a feature of coming attractions, my Pink Saturday post for this week, I'm posting one of the pictures I took yesterday on a quick trip to Northwest Connecticut. This was taken only two hours from New York City, but it felt as though I'd entered another world. 

We're still enjoying warm and (mostly) sunny days, which means it's  possible and enjoyable to eat out of doors, including a lovely birthday lunch for a friend in Connecticut yesterday. So grateful for this beautiful weather, always enjoyable, but absolutely precious this year.  

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care! 

15 comments

Ginny Hartzler said...

This lake scene is so beautiful. GREAT news on the gas line!! You have been so long without your oven.

Martha said...

I hope the lines pass inspection! Beautiful photo on the lake. Glad you are having nice weather too :)

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

That is such good news for you. You must post a picture of your first batch of cookies.

After the terrible heat of summer, this beautiful autumn has been so welcome.

Lynda said...

I am so excited for you that you might be seeing the light at the end of the (gas) tunnel! You are going to need to buy a freezer to put some of those baked goods when you start baking and baking to make up for missing it for so long!
Or even have a bake sale in your building!
So thankful they have been able to make the good progress for you all.

Melinda said...

Funny and exciting at the same time. Hope it happens sooner than later.
Love the pics from Conn.

have a wonderful weekend.

M : )

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'll be praying the new gas line passes inspection. It's been a long time you've had rho do without it. I'd be dreaming of using the oven too. The beauty of fall by the lake there is hard to be outdone, but I figure your stove would come in as a close second there. We had a few nice days, tu today has turned colder. Back to staying indoors here.

Chatty Crone said...

I hope your new gas lines pass inspections - you have gone a LONG time!!!

Edna B said...

I sure do hope your gas is working really soon now. You have been so patient for so long. I love the view on that pond. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

Linda said...

I love New England in the fall, smiles. It was 81* here in western NY yesterday, not today as it is only 40* and cloudy. smiles

Deanna Rabe said...

It’s been a beautiful autumn! Prayer if that your gas is turned on soon!

TARYTERRE said...

and what a world it is. look at those vibrant colors dotting the landscape. i love Connecticut. hopefully you'll be up and running soon with the gasline and can cook up a storm.

Nellie said...

Love your CT lake scene! I’m not sure how I’d function without a stove!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Fall road trips are the best! Here's hoping things continue to go well with getting natural gas back in your building. You are so patient to be without a stove/oven for so long. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Lonni said...

Yayyyyyy!!!!!!!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Yeah on getting gas restored and soon it will be perfect weather for indoor cooking and baking, chocolate chip cookies are already on our to-do list.