Powered by Blogger.

It's Mailbox Monday

 

My new masks from my friends at CAM Creations.

We had days in March and April when the mailman didn't show up, so I've really come to value mail service. Often it's just solicitations and catalogues, but the last week has been a treasure trove of goodies. My first treat was my new masks. They're made by a friend and they may be the most comfortable masks in  my mask wardrobe. I loved being able to choose the fabrics and appreciate that they are reversible. I expect to mostly wear the buffalo plaid and the sock monkey sides, but it's nice to know that I can change them. I had hoped to include a link to CAM Creations site, but my mouse is beyond temperamental tonight, so no linking. I will post the link when I'm able.

A wonderful mailbox surprise from my
 Instagram friend, Ruth, who lives in Germany. 

Though I'm not traveling very far these days, I haven't lost my travel desire. Until traveling days return I'm happy to be a mailbox traveler.  The post card, featuring a castle that is now a school, now has a place of honor on my refrigerator, and the map book mark is waiting for me to begin my latest library book. Many thanks, Ruth!


Too cute, or what! These three little kittens have come to visit via Deb at A Day in the Life.  Thanks, Deb. I've put them on the refrigerator, too, and I smile every time I walk into my kitchen.

I made a list for the week and have launched right into it. I got to the post office this afternoon and bought my first set of stamps for holiday cards. I stopped at the drugstore to replenish some of my dwindling necessities and also managed to walk two miles in the process, which felt great. What's on your list for this week?

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care.  

12 comments

kestrel said...

Reversible masks, that's NEW for me. So far, no one here has had this wonderful creative idea. I like the monkeys with red smiles, will cheer up anyone. Kittens in tea cup, cannot get cuter. This week is house chores, YIKES. Finished scrubbing the porch, gardening front and back yards next. Oh, dinner with a friend tonight so that will be a good break.

TARYTERRE said...

love the masks. very nice, indeed. i know what you mean about the mail. sometimes we take it for granted. it's nice to look forward to receiving something unexpected. brings a smile.

Martha said...

I love it all, happy mail is such fun! Enjoy your goodies :)

Theresa said...

Oh those masks are so pretty! Funny how we are shopping for masks to match our outfits:) I always have several in my purse. My mail has been iffy lately. Sometimes it comes and sometimes it doesn't. Enjoy this beautiful day dear friend, HUGS!

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I like those masks. Who would have thought a year ago that masks would become a fashion statement?

I am planning on putting the remainder of my gardens to bed this week.. The weather this past month has been so lovely and most the plants and flowers still were blooming. This will all come to an end later this week and cold and frost is expected. Now I have to scramble to get it done before the weather turns ugly.

Edna B said...

I love your new masks. How nice that they are reversible. And those kittens are just too precious! It's great that you are able to get out to walk and to shop for a few things. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

Brenda said...

I continue to absolutely love love love your blog. Thank you so much.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You got some wonderful mailbox treasures. How nice to have a big selection of masks to wear, but they weren't even part of our wardrobe just a short year ago. I've had a few given to me but I also bought some on my own. Now I have plenty to wear and wash. They've become a part of my wardrobe too. My travels are sticky done from my armchair. Books to read that take me to the most amazing places. Thank goodness for them.

Nellie said...

Great masks! We aren’t out in public these days, though it’s a good idea to have reusable ones handy! The car needs attention, and there will be the usual curbside pickup here this week. Take care, and be safe and well!

Janie Junebug said...

What could be cuter than kittens in a tea cup? They would make me smile, too. On my refrigerator, I have a couple of postcards that my daughter sent to me during her travels. They definitely make me smile. My week will probably pretty much the same as usual, which means staying at home as much as possible. I haven't caught the virus, and as the situation worsens, I'm going to be even more careful about wearing masks. I voted by mail so I don't have to wait in line at a polling place. I hope you enjoy the rest of your week.

Love,
Janie

Jeanie said...

What a wonderful collection of really good mail! I love that. My cousin sent me seven masks (I'd sent her material and said, Make me ONE! It's nice having extras so you if you don't do the laundry right away, you still have clean ones. My weekend passed -- I'm behind reading and it was quite uneventful, which isn't a bad thing!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hello - those masks looks great. I made and donated and gave a lot of cloth masks last spring and summer (366 to be exact). Now, however, I am wearing N95 masks most of the time for better protection. COVID is out of control here in Utah - and the crazy part is that with rates so high, I am seeing more and more people completely maskless every time I got out. Absolutely crazy. Oh well. Glad you enjoyed the kitties on the card. Have a good day and I will stop by for a visit again soon.