Powered by Blogger.

What Is So Rare as a Day at the Beach?

 


I’ve only been out of New York for slightly more than 24 hours, and I’m not much more than a hundred miles away, but it feels like a million miles away. Travel, not unlike everything else in our lives has changed considerably in the last six months. After some consideration, the choice of destination was narrowed to places that were relatively short drives and didn’t require a two week quarantine after I got home. Rhode Island was at the top of the list, but recent data required quarantining. I’ve wanted to revisit the Connecticut coast for several years and, happily, it was a viable destination.

It’s a not-quite three day trip, but it’s been great. There was some rain this morning and high winds, but by noon the sun was out and this was the fabulous view at the beach in Stonington. I’ve probably taken as many pictures in the last two days as I have on much longer vacations and I will start to share them in the next few days. 

As, ever, thanks for visiting and take care.

10 comments

Ginny Hartzler said...

What HUGE rocks! To keep it from flooding? Can't wait to see the rest.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How beautiful! I love getting away from home even if it is just to a nature trail close by. Enjoy your week!

Martha said...

Beautiful - enjoy!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Thanks for the beach picture. It is my favorite place to be. Glad you were able to travel even if it's shorter distance than you'd like. It's always wonderful to see something new !

Edna B said...

What a beautiful photo. The ocean is one of my favorite places. (even a lake) You enjoy your trip. Hugs, Edna B.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I know you will have a wonderful day. I hope the sun is shinning for you.

Biomaster said...

We were on Martha's Vineyard last week for nearly 4 days and it really did feel like a long vacation. Wish I'd known you were in CT; we could have had a distanced lunch.

Mimi said...

Isn't it amazing what a change of scenery does for your soul?

Terra said...

I like your clever idea of a vacation get away, that gave you different scenery and that was a relatively short jaunt from your home.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

How wonderful that you were able to get away for a trip and we have also been to Stonington, CT, most recently just over a year ago as my husband’s family lived near there. We did enjoy our visit as well.