Powered by Blogger.

There's Trouble in Paradise

 

As Johnny Maestro and the Crests told us in 1961, "There's trouble in paradise, My turtledoves changing wings." Yes, friends, Wedding Wednesday is usually upbeat, but this week our Wednesday Wedding news is not upbeat. The couple of Pep Le Monkee and Nessie Scotland are on hiatus, indefinitely.   

I know Pep and Nessie's friends in Buttercupland are asking, "What went wrong?" They moved their friendship up to a relationship in December and became engaged in early May. A whirlwind of online dress browsing and honeymoon thoughts followed. But things hit a snag in July. Pep became sidetracked as he began to pursue a career as an opera singer and Nessie realized she still had the dream of a destination wedding. The lovebirds went back and forth and came to the decision to end their engagement this week. 

There have been some sniffles and sadness, but Pep is deep into his opera videos, and Nessie is thrilled to spend time with her two friends from Scotland, Summer and Winter, who came to  visit last week. Will they get back together in the future? Only time will tell.

I've been out of commission for the last day after getting my (senior citizen) flu shot. My antibodies for the flu went wild with chills and fatigue. Thankfully, it came and went quickly and I'm now back to myself and feeling good. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care. West Coast and Gulf Coast friends, you're in our prayers! 

13 comments

Ginny Hartzler said...

Well, I am looking forward to their adventures separately! I'm sorry you got sick, but so glad you got that shot! The senior one is a lot stronger, but protects us more.

Carol said...

I usually get sick when I get a flu shot, so I told the doctor that I won't be having one this year. I am sorry to hear of the cancelled engagement and wedding, but will look forward to their separate adventures.

Theresa said...

Uh-oh, Pep le monkee will find another sweetheart:) I just got my flu shot yesterday, hope you feel better today! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Marcia said...

First I've read of Nessie and Pep. CUte!

Good to know that reactions may happen with flu shot. It's on our list to do soon.

Linda said...

Grin...Now now...Nessie and Pep...there has to be something to get you two back together, grin.

I told my husband I am not doing the flu shot this year...the look he gave me...if looks could kill. LOLOL

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I got my flu shot taken care of too, but unlike you I had no side effects. I was glad they offered them early on this year. Take care and hope things clear up in loveland.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I am planning on getting my flu vaccine next week and I hope I won’t have the same reaction.

Take care Carol, and I hope it won’t be too hard to live with the newly separated couple.

ScrappyShe said...

I had my jab a week ago, the first time it’s hurt. The nurse said she had never seen such long needles on the flu jab!
Sorry to hear aboutPep and Nessie breaking up, could she be homesick for Scotland, I know Ralph is...
I hope they find their way back to each other, but maybe it was not meant to be. After all Nessie is a wild child whereas
Pep is a cultured soul.

Hope you keep in good health my friend, sending love and hugs from us both xxx

Edna B said...

Gosh, I'm sorry you got sick from the shot, but it will help. I do hope you are keeping all of these wonderful stories in a file so that you can make a book with all of them. It should be a really fun book. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

TARYTERRE said...

sorry to hear you are under the weather from the shot. hope the symptoms don't linger. sad news for sure about the lovebirds. hoping for a reconciliation in the future.

Jeanie said...

Oh alas! What will be the next chapter?

I get my flu shot in another week or two. I've never had a reaction before but It hink this time I"ll be getting it with my pneumonia shot so we'll see... I hope you feel better very soon!

Nellie said...

Sending special wishes to you for this continuing drama....Still waiting to hear when flu shots will be available for us. Take care!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Glad you got your flu shot, as we did as well, and thankfully no bad reactions followed so hope you are feeling better. Sorry to bread about the breakup between Nessie and Pep, but perhaps after going their separate ways for a while they will reunite later. It happens.