Powered by Blogger.

Pink Saturday Street Art

For Pink Saturday I'm sharing some of the murals in the World Trade Center area

 

Welcome to the World Trade Center

Though September 11 is a solemn day of remembrance, the area around the Trade Center site has both been a site of new buildings and an area that is still being rebuilt. As you can see in the photographs (especially the one above) these murals are on construction walls. One World Trade Center is in the center of the photograph and the Oculus building is to the left. The Oculus includes both a shopping center, the entrance to the PATH train to New Jersey and my own local subway stop. 
 
This mural caught my attention, framed by a chain link fence and the sewage drain. 

I loved the bright colors in this excerpt from a wall of hearts and thought it would be perfect for Pink Saturday. 

I'm not quite sure what is going on with Blogger tonight, but it's balking at all of my attempts to get margins lined up. I've tried a few things three different times and this post isn't looking the way I'd like it, but I'm going to let it go in its present state and know you'll all understand that it's Blogger acting up. 

It's been a busy weekend, but most of it was in front of the computer on various Zooms. As a result I missed a lot of great weather and didn't get in the walking I hoped to do, but I did spend time with friends, "attend" three synagogue services and "go" to my college volunteer weekend, courtesy of my computer and iPad. I enjoyed the college's presentations, but felt a tinge of sadness nonetheless. In other years this college volunteer weekend takes place at the college and I so missed being on campus on an autumn weekend in the New England countryside. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care. Continuing prayers for our friends on the West Coast. Please stay safe!

12 comments

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love these! Especially the hearts and the one beside the chain link fence. I am glad they decided to use happy art that does no dwell on how horrible it was. Your post came out very well, everything looks nicely lined up. What would we do without Zoom?

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I went to The WTC a few years ago. It was so hard to be there and I will never go back. The murals are lovely, though.

Blogger was doing the same thing to me last week. After working on it for awhile, I gave up and let it be.

Zoom has been such a lifeline for so many.

Marcia said...

The murals do enliven the spaces. What college in New England? We are here now living almost next door to Dartmouth. Both daughters attended but never did think we'd be living here now too. Oldest daughter never left the area.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

That is beautiful art work and looks like a lot of time went into it. Nice to see the cheerful painting. I didn't get out walking this weekend, but went for a bike ride around our community. The weather was beautiful.

Naush said...

Stunning graffiti art.
We are hosting Meraki Link Party weekly from Monday thru till Thursday at https://doodlebuddies.net/2020/09/14/meraki-link-party-5/
We'd love for you to share your posts with us.
Naush

Edna B said...

I love all the art work. My favorite is the pink one with the hearts. I'm trying to spend part of each day out on my porch enjoying this awesome weather. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Nellie said...

Really enjoyable blog post! Love seeing the sights around NYC; have never been; may never get there, the rate we’re going. Zoom is a great thing, though it does cut into one’s time on occasion.

Mimi said...

Every time Blogger "improves" I am frustrated for months!
Thanks for sharing these bright photos. I needed to see a little cheer today.

Theresa said...

Beautiful, bright colors! I just love seeing the sites around your city. I am praying for all on the West coast and those in the path of the hurricane. Have a blessed day dear friend, hope you can get your walk in today. HUGS!

Jeanie said...

I love the murals very much but that heart one made me smile so very big! I love it.

You've been a busy woman! Very!

Alana said...

Beautiful murals! I grew up in New York City and, in my senior year of college, worked the summer near City Hall. This is when the WTC was just opening up to some of its tenants. I would love to see those murals one day, if I can ever travel back to the city from where I live now "upstate".

Lowcarb team member said...

Thank you for sharing these murals.

All the best Jan