Powered by Blogger.

Pink Saturday Goes Shopping

I didn't plan to shop but this pink sweater caught my eye.

It was a size small and a quick glance at the rack told me that it was the only one with this design. I kept walking through one of the neighborhood stores en route to my destination, a clean, well-kept public restroom. On the way -- maybe fifty feet -- I spotted winter jackets and a sign that noted that any item with a red dot on the tag was seventy per cent off the tagged price. It wasn't crowded, everyone there was wearing a mask and there was a hand sanitizer display at the door. I realized I could actually buy a winter jacket to replace the one I had that had been patched and repaired a number of times, and was presently worse for much wear. 

This neon pink jacket caught my attention. It pretty much
 would have caught anyone's attention. 

I've been planning to replace my worn out winter jacket for the last two years. But I hadn't found anything that I liked, that fit and was reasonably priced. It was on the same long list that included replacing my iPad and it was probably one of the last things on my mind in March 2020. My old red jacket was more than adequate for walking around the empty streets of New York City in 2020. But here I was in a quiet store, surrounded by new styles that were 75% off the already discounted prices. 
And the winner is!

I liked the idea of a bright color to replace my red jacket, but the neon pink looked like I was directing traffic at the scene of an accident. I went with this black jacket, made a little less somber by the pink trim. I calculated the final price at $25.00 and was feeling very good about it. When I paid for the jacket the actual price was $14.93. 

It was a huge temptation to look over the racks, but I really need very few things, and it was easy to resist temptation. I do need boots and I will look for those in the next few weeks. I'm also putting a holiday list together. I'm optimistic that we won't go back to staying at home, but it would be great to have shopping done and even wrapped so much earlier. 

Right now my coat is on a hanger on the back of a door. Tomorrow I will move it into the closet with the other coats. During my shopping trip I used hand sanitizer at least a dozen times and of course, was wearing my mask. Everyone inside the store was also wearing masks. No exceptions. 

That was my adventure for the week. Today was much quieter. I walked in the neighborhood, read the newspaper -- I get the paper delivered only on Saturday and Sunday -- and took part in my monthly Bible study via Zoom. How was your day?

As ever, thanks for visiting the Pink Saturday fun. Take care and keep cool.

17 comments

Terra said...

That jacket was a great find and what a price! Nowadays going shopping seems like a great adventure, sort of like we are intrepid explorers. There is danger lurking, so we take precautions and go out. I hope your next shopping for boots goes just as well.

Dorothy In PA said...

Lucky you! You found a great jacket at a great price.

No outdoor adventure for me today, just TV, the internet, and talking to friends on the phone.

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a treat to go shopping in New York! Even with the masks. I like the coat, and it is versatile enough to wear anywhere. I like the pop of color with the pink.

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my gosh - I love the jacket you picked. I think it was perfect and the price was perfect!

Theresa said...

What a bargain! You will love wearing your new coat when the cold weather returns. Enjoy your Sunday dear friend, HUGS!

NanaDiana said...

I love your new coat! It is perfect for those wintry days. I need a shorter jacket than the one I have, too. xo Diana

Edna B said...

I love your new jacket, and that price is awesome! I love a bargain! I'll bet it felt great to really be out shopping. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a great find. That sale was terrific and just in time it seems. I've been wearing the same winter coat for years and it's looking rather shabby too. I hadn't though about winter coats beeng on sale this time of year, so perhaps it's time I had a look. I'm going to a party for one of son's birthday today, so for once I'lll forgo my Sunday nap.

thismammablogs.x said...

Lovely jacket everyone deserves a shopping spree x

Louca por porcelana said...

Pretty new jacket.I love the pink sweater too.Hugs!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That pink trim makes it perfect! I'll be so glad to shop again and get a few new things for my wardrobe. I've been wearing the same things over and over! I had a good day though. I went hiking at the preserve and saw lots of birds!

Elaine Sipos said...

What a great deal, who could resist! The pink one was too loud and I agree with your comment! 😂

Susie said...

Carol, I love your new jacket. Hey for that price I would have grabbed the traffic stopping jacket too. LOL. I was just telling my daughter today, I have not bought anything new in about two years...then I remember a pack of dollar store socks. Hahaha...we laughed about that. Blessings to you, you are going to be sharp come jacket time. xoxo, Susie

Lonni said...

Love the jacket! Such a deal!

Martha said...

At first my thought was I would want that pink one (I love hot pink) but in the end I think I would have picked the exact same one that you bought - can't beat that price either! Glad all is well there and people are doing everything they should be. I'm in Florida so I still only go out for groceries once every two weeks. I'm not taking any chances with so few mandates in place and numbers still on the rise. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you have a great week! :)

CHERI said...

Just found your blog and wanted to leave a comment. If I understand correctly from reading a couple of your posts, you live in NY City. Is that right??? I can't even imagine! I live in a small southern rural town. I have been to NY City for a very quick trip and loved it but don't think I could live there. I'm sure it's exciting...but probably lots better before the pandemic and all the other crazy stuff that's been happening. Love your new coat and what a price!!!!!! I love, love, love a great bargain:)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Admittedly, I was drawn to that neon pink jacket, but the black one did hav some colorful trim and will be less of a traffic stopper. I have seen big reductions in a couple of stores but have not been doing any shopping as like you there isn't anything I need now, sale or not.