Powered by Blogger.

(Masked) Monkee Monday


Welcome to (masked) Monkee Monday!

I was pleased to find this cute monkey, complete with mask, during our outing on Saturday. Mr. Monkey demonstrated proper mask wear at the restaurant where we had lunch. Indoor dining is permitted in the county we visited and the air conditioning was tempting. But we opted for dining out of doors and enjoyed the tasty Greek cuisine al fresco. 

I'm a great window shopper, but I've seen the windows in my neighborhood many, many times. Sadly, too, there are lots of empty windows and closed businesses. I'm beginning to go beyond my usual distances, but a change of place to an entirely new town was an enormous treat. 

I loved this gift shop and was delighted to find one of my favorite Scottish coos on the middle shelf. 

I'm not a knitter, but if I were I would have made a stop at Knitting  Nation. Who are the Buttercupland knitters?

The barber pole first caught my eye and then the barber pole flag. But it was the stacks of books that I most enjoyed seeing. If you walk down the street, you'll find the Hudson River. Later in the week we'll visit the River and enjoy the views.   

I've got no plans for tomorrow, except a phone call or two. We've got a tropical storm warning for most of the day, with winds and rain expected. I'm not sure what I was (or wasn't) thinking and didn't do any grocery shopping except for a box of Kleenex and a Diet Coke, which doesn't count for storm prep. It's only one day and I know I won't starve, but I do regret not grocery shopping as planned on Sunday. 

As ever, thanks for visiting. Take care and stay safe.

9 comments

Dorothy In PA said...

It sounds like you had fun being out and about. How wonderful to enjoy a meal "the old fashion way." Remember when that meant years ago? Now it means only 5 months ago.

Thanks for taking us on your journey. I hope the storm moves through quickly.

Laurel Wood said...

I love the window shopping photos and that monkey in the restaurant is adorable! I am seeing many stores closed down, also. Stay safe and keep us posted.

Linda said...

You be careful Buttercup. Especially with the lawlessness going on in NYC.

Chatty Crone said...

That monkey is adorable. I love to go window shopping with you. I am worried as time goes on about businesses closing - more and more.

Theresa said...

Cute masked monkey:0 We all are learning to wear it. I grocery shopped yesterday so let me know if you need anything from my pantry, hehe. Love the barber pole and the BOOKS most of all! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a cute monkey to remind others to keep their masks on. Glad you got chance to venture out. We have rain pouring down here this morning. # days of it in a row, and it's been badly needed here after a hot and dry spell. the farmers gardens were suffering. Now they should be fine once more. It's the time of year I love to visit the famers markets.. My cupboards are so all stocked, I could go sever weeks without shopping if I needed to.

Mevely317 said...

I am soooo taken by that books mural! Can't recall the last time I indulged in a bit of window shopping; these days I'm content to browse the shops of ETSY. 'Looking forward to seeing the river through your eyes!

Edna B said...

I love window shopping. Not that I've done any in a long time. Be safe during this storm. It's a doozy! Hugs, Edna B.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It's always nice to get out and explore new places. I agree that it is unfortunate that so many smaller places, and even some larger stores, have been shutting down. A couple here in Nashua in the past few months have closed as well. The wall book art would have caught my attention as well and the masked money was fun, but so appropriate now. We too are indoors and waiting for possible thunderstorms later this Tuesday afternoon, but nothing yet just gray skies.