Powered by Blogger.

Welcome to August Pink Saturday

It's the first Pink Saturday  of August

The summer is more than half over and the days are getting shorter. The gardens aren't quite as full, but happily there are still bright flowers all around. The heat has abated and though it's still hot, I was able to make my first visit to Riverside Park in almost two weeks. I was glad to find these bright pink hydrangea. 

But my favorite moment was finding this lone sunflower in the midst of the hibiscus. It seems rare to find one sunflower, but here it was. 

  
One of the buildings on my street does great plantings. They had fabulous purple  tulips earlier and now they had this planting of euphorbia. I wasn't familiar with this plant, but I found that there are many varieties of it, including our Christmas favorite, the poinsettia. 


It's been a good weekend. I had a great walk in the park with friends on Friday and spent yesterday on an excursion out of New York City, which was such a treat. We had great weather, window shopping and  the treat of iced coffee with a river view. This was all done with masks and distancing. I've got photographs for several posts that I'll be sharing in the next few days.  

As ever, thanks for visiting. Take care and keep cool.

11 comments

Chatty Crone said...

I love the multicolored flowers - so cheerful and bright.
Did you say the weather is going to get cooler and half you summer is over.
Yikes. Nothing but heat here for another couple of months.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The Hydrangea are beautiful, and this sunflower is a real knockout! I do not know anything about Euphorbia, but these are so cheerful.

Laurel Wood said...

What a surprise the sunflower is! The hydrangea and Euphorbia are lovely. So happy you could visit the park, and iced coffee by the river sounds so nice.

Susie said...

Carol, So many pretty flowers to see on your walk. I love that lone sunflower. Wishing you a new week of joy. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a treat to see that sunflower amidst the other flowers. Yes the days are starting to get shorter, sunrise comes a little later each morning. I'm sad to see the longer days dwindling down. With a rainy Sunday, we really cooled down, but the rain also kept me indoors, and not out..same for today too. It's a good day to get the housework done. Happy Monday!

Edna B said...

I just love all these beautiful flowers. One year a lone sunflower came up in one of my little gardens. It had grown from a seed that was dropped from the bird feeder. Such lovely surprise. Enjoy your cooler temps and have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Finding something so lovely growing where it should not be, is a gift. We call these Volunteers. Some bird dropped it there for people to enjoy.

I am glad you had a nice day walking around NYC with your friends. That is a gift also. It was too hot and humid here in PA to go outside. I tried going out to do things that need to be done but after five minutes, I could not handle it.

Debby said...

Beautiful flowers! Thanks for sharing.

Melinda said...

Lovely flowers.
sounds like you had an eventful fun weekend.

M : )

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It's great to be able to go walking in the park and to see such lovely boooms along the way, BC!

Laurel Wood said...

Dear Carol, We received troubling news re John's health and I am taking a break from my computer for a while. I hope to return at some point but wanted to touch base with you so you would not worry. Have an enjoyable evening. Mildred