Powered by Blogger.

She's a Grand Old Flag


Mackinac Island, Michigan, 2016

Independence Day is over, except for a few random fireworks still going off.  I hope it was a safe and enjoyable day for all of Buttercupland. I celebrated with iced coffee out of doors in the morning, a long and fun Zoom with my group of travel buddies in the afternoon and a Zoom wedding in the evening. 

I gathered a few of my favorite American flag photographs to share. One of my all-time favorite photographs is the one above taken on beautiful Mackinac Island in Michigan. Mackinac had long been one of my travel destinations and I so enjoyed my visit there. My only regret was not spending time on the island after a flight, a long drive and then a ferry ride. It was a lot of travel, but so worth it.   

  July at Rockefeller Center, pre-social distancing

A perfect summer day in the West Village, New York City, 
on one of my favorite historic blocks

The first pictures are  from times past, but this one was taken yesterday, just a few blocks from home. The building is next to one of the fruit stands I frequent and across the street from my hair stylist. It was one of many flags I saw displayed in the neighborhood.

I'm linking to the Fourth of July fun at Pink Saturday, though it's now officially Sunday. While I wrote this post the fireworks have ended and it's quiet once again in my corner of the world. I hope your corners of the world are peaceful, too. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care. Much love and stay well. 

10 comments

Dorothy In PA said...

Thank you for posting photos of the flag flying free. I have to admit that I don't think about it much when I am in this country but whenever I travel outside of the US, I always look for the flag or a US embassy. It makes me feel safe. So three cheers for the Red White and Blue!

Theresa said...

Beautiful pictures of days past and now. Have a blessed day and week ahead dear friend, HUGS!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How beautiful to see pretty areas of the city. We stood outside and watched fireworks from afar but there weren't as many this year. Enjoy your day!

peggy said...

I feel reassured when I see our flag. pics are great specially that Michigan one.

Mevely317 said...

Beautiful! I've not been to Mackinac Island since '65(?), but would love to see it again someday.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I love to see all the flags flying in honor of our countries birthday! You had some beautiful pictures. Glad you had a good 4th, and got out to see the flags flying too. It is a very quiet 5th here. Everyone sleeping in after a noisy night let night . I didn't see any fireworks here but certainly heard them for hours and hours after dark.

Chatty Crone said...

She is a GRAND old flag - I love it there and here!

Laurel Wood said...

I enjoyed each photo. So pretty! Have a lovely afternoon/evening.

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Enjoyed your patriotic photos today! All is well here...♥

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

While I am a bit late in catching up on this holiday post, BC, I still enjoyed seeing the flag, which is indeed very grand.