Powered by Blogger.

Friday Flowers


Meet the Creeping Zinnia

Before anyone thinks that I am a plant and flower expert, I want to be very clear. I am not. Not a bit. I can recognize roses, tulips and lilacs and at least a few dozen more usually found garden flowers, but with anything slightly more challenging I'm at a loss. I'd never heard of the creeping zinnia above, and when the friend I was with said it was a Gerber daisy, I thought that sounded somewhat plausible. But since photographing flowers has become my latest avocation I did what everyone now does for enlightenment, I got an app. I downloaded Plantsnap, and now I can correctly identify what I'm snapping.  There is a paid premium version -- isn't there always! -- but so far I'm happy with the free version. 

I knew this was hydrangea, but glad to have
 the confirmation from Plantsnap. Isn't the color fabulous!

We're still in the heart of lily season and they are beautiful this year. I hope to be able to post at least a few more weeks of them.

I've managed to push the "Blehs" back into the corner. They do seem to emerge often these days and some days it's more difficult than others to get them out of the center of my thoughts. I don't wish them on the rest of my Buttercupland family, but it was comforting to be reminded that pandemic days are tough times for all of us. My goal is to keep occupied with useful and worthwhile activities and there are still some days when I give myself an A+ for just getting dressed and making my morning coffee. 

I had some bleh moments this morning,but I pushed on and gave the kitchen a good cleaning and disinfecting, spraying anything possible with Clorox spray. I took that momentum and went on from there. I took part in a long, long text conversation with Weight Watcher buddies now scattered around the country, had several phone calls with friends, got in my walk, "went" to Friday night services via Zoom and figured out Plantsnap. Not bad for a pandemic day. 

Tomorrow we're having a Fourth of July Pink Saturday celebration in red, white and blue. I hope you'll be by to visit. What are your plans for the Fourth?

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care. Happy Fourth of July!

10 comments

Linda said...

We are still in the country and will be grilling hamburgers. Maybe I will make a potato salad. Life is different but we will still celebrate!
I like Plantsnap, too!

Chatty Crone said...

Life is different, but I am so glad to be in America!

Dorothy In PA said...

I don't have any special plans for tomorrow. My doll children and I will have an indoors picnic, I think.

I may binge watch some Jane Austen.

Laurel Wood said...

These flowers are so gorgeous. I think you had a very productive day. We bought some delicious strawberries as our July 4th "treat." I wish you a pleasant and safe day.

Theresa said...

The BLEHS pop up around here too but thankfully don't stay forever. Beautiful flowers, I will have to look at that APP! Enjoy your day dear friend, HAPPY 4th! HUGS!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's hard to be motivated to get things done every day. Have you watched the Intern with Robert DeNiro? I love his character in this movie and he talks about how to survive being retired at the beginning. You have to get up....get dressed...do something or go somewhere. We are making a big pan of lasagna this afternoon. It will be the highlight of the day! heehee! Hugs!

Nellie said...

Yes, I can identify with the “Blehs!” I’ve been spending more time in the kitchen, and that gave me a push to make a return to blogging. Love your flower pictures! Take care, be safe, and stay well!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

No special plans on our calendar for July 4th other than going for a walk and then cooking burgers at home and enjoying with slaw salad and tomatoes. Chilled watermelon is our dessert tonight. The "blehs" are hard to avoind especially during these uncertain times.

TARYTERRE said...

beautiful. just lovely.

Giles Burt said...

Greatt blog I enjoyed reading