Powered by Blogger.

Phase Three Is Pedicure Time


The finished product

New York City officially entered Phase Three of Recovery last week. The two major items were tattoos and nail salons, as indoor dining (a phrase I'd never used before last month) has been delayed indefinitely. I'm wasn't interested in a tattoo or a manicure, but I was beyond eager for a pedicure. Due to my spinal issues I'm unable to cross my right leg, which makes taking care of my right foot very difficult. I've  muddled along since March and by July it was not a pretty picture.Out of basic decency, there is no before photograph. 

The view from my pedicure chair

As with my haircut adventure in Phase Two, I did a pre-visit to scope out the procedures. There is a small back room now only used for one customer that I would prefer if there were more customers, but I chose to go when the salon opened. I was there at ten a.m. and watched the two staff members who open the salon turn on the lights and disinfect my chair. I was there with my mask, but without iced coffee (my usual pedicure treat). When I was ready to leave there were two other customers getting manicures and no one else was near me in the pedicure chairs. The door was open the entire time to improve the air circulation. 

Most of my life is still virtual, but I'm happy to have added an every other month haircut and pedicure to my schedule. I've still got a few overdue medical appointments to schedule and I've enjoyed iced coffee several times at my usual coffee and bagel shop, out of doors, of course. They've added half dozen tables in front of the store right on Broadway, and it's a surprisingly pleasant place to people watch. I had a good surprise today to chat -- at a distance -- with another regular who is a synagogue friend. I haven't seen Naomi in months and so enjoyed catching up. 

Note to self: If there's an inkling of a stay at home order on the horizon, stock up on hand sanitizer and get a pedicure. I'm hoping and praying that this won't be the case, but one thing I've learned in the last four months is to be prepared. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care! 

10 comments

Laurel Wood said...

How nice to finally be able to have a pedicure. I'm glad you enjoyed iced coffee too. It must have been a real treat to catch up with Naomi, too. Wishes for a happy day!

Edna B said...

How wonderful to be able to get your pedicure and meet up with a friend. That's a great day in my book. Little by little, hopefully we'll be getting back to a good normal. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How nice and your sandals are cute too. I still haven't gotten a hair cut and my hair is out of control. Take care and stay safe!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I've never had a pedicure in my life, but in your case it sounds like a necessity. Glad you could cross one thing more of your to do list. Hey, I have a pair of shoes just like yours ! They are comfy sandals. Made by crocks if I remember right. Take care and glad you can get out for however long it lasts. The numbers are not looking good here at all. We'll see....

Dorothy In PA said...

I am happy that this little excursion brought you joy. I relish doing the little things now myself. I don't take things for granted any longer.

Chatty Crone said...

New York is better than GA!
I did go for a pedicure on Monday tho.
Your toes are cute.
sandie

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your feet look so pretty! And the place looks spacious and mostly empty. What a wonderful adventure! It is so nice that you can sit outside with coffee and a bagel, that you did NOT have to make yourself! Small treats like this are what makes life worth living. And it seems that Covid has made us appreciate them even more.

Maggid said...

Such Beautiful Feet!

Sharon said...

Like you, caring for my feet is very difficult due to my RA (Rheumatoid Arthritis), so getting a pedicure bordered on "essential." The salon I go to is very small and felt very clean and safe even BEFORE the pandemic, so I was confident my experience would be good. And it most definitely was. I did take my coffee however and with large plastic shields between us, I even felt safe taking a sip now & then! I do love my pedicures!

Melinda said...

Glad you were able to treat yourself.
This is how I felt when I got my haircut
after many months of it growing and growing.

We have learned "BE PREPARED" is absolute!

M : )