Powered by Blogger.

We All Scream for Ice Cream

I said I'd bought my last small appliance, but help me welcome my new ice cream maker. 

If you asked me what my favorite beverage was, I'd quickly reply, coffee. But if you asked me what my favorite food was, I'd have to stop and think. I like bagels, lobster, peaches and cherries and I love lemon meringue pie, though I rarely eat it. I also love ice cream, though I don't eat that as often as I'd like, either.  

Over the last five years I've written about cutting carbs as part of my diet and I'm still at it. It's paid off in weight lost and kept off and in my general health. It's become a way of life and it's a lot easier to do now than I ever thought it was going to be. I've spent a lot of time searching recipes for things I enjoy and I've found some great websites. One of my favorites is Briana Thomas', especially her dessert and ice cream recipes. 

I've enjoyed Halo Top and Enlightened, both low carb ice creams, but they're at least six dollars a pint in the places I can walk to. That's kept me from indulging as often as I might have liked in the last few months. But last Saturday night things came together. I was reading Briana's blog. I had no low carb ice cream in the freezer and it was too late to go out to the nearest store to spend six plus dollars to indulge a craving. I turned to Amazon for ice cream makers and discovered the My Pint Ice Cream Maker. 

I was in love. It was small, which is great since my kitchen has a zillion new small appliances and no extra space. It was inexpensive ($19.95) and it was made by Dash, the company that makes the mini-waffle maker that has become one of my mainstays. Amazon was sold out, so the first thing Sunday morning I walked to the local Bed, Bath and Beyond to see if it was in stock. Alas, it wasn't in stock, but the very helpful customer service rep ordered it and my mini ice cream maker arrived this afternoon. I need to pick up what I need for my first batch of ice cream and I  hope that by tomorrow night I can report on the success of my ice cream making.  

I'm pleased to say that the Pen Pal Project has been successfully launched and I will post on that tomorrow. There's also a travel post upcoming and the latest blooms in Riverside Park, so I hope you will stop back and visit. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and take care. Much love and be well.

13 comments

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I'll have to check that out! I need a good low carb ice cream recipe though. We've been eating Rebel, but it is sure expensive!

Chatty Crone said...

Hey, let us know how that ice cream maker works out!

Dorothy In PA said...

Good for you for sticking to your diet plan and for keeping up with your exercise routine.

I am excited about learning more about the Penpals. I hope you are still recruiting because I am interested. I just don't know how to give you my contact information.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love the Dash mini waffle maker. And this is so cute and small. I anxiously await your review of how it works. Also let us know if it has recipes, and what kinds of ice-cream can be made in it. I may have to buy it! You know it has to be good if Amazon sold it out!

Linda said...

Good for you in finding a way to eat something you enjoy with no guilt and no hefty price tag!!

Linda said...

I should try that. I like ice cream!

Laurel Wood said...

I look forward to your update on the ice cream maker. I'd love to have the mini waffle maker too.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Great idea, Carol. I can’t wait to read what you have created.

Karen said...

I MUST GET AN ICE CREAM MAKER! A FAVORITE CHILDHOOD MEMORY IS MAKING ICE CREAM.

Susie said...

Oh yes, I like ice cream. Why does it have to have fattening things in it...blast. I can't wait to see your ice cream and will you please tell us the ingredients? Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

Mevely317 said...

What a great idea! Because of that (absurd) price point, I've not tried any of the low-carb ice creams … in fact, it's been nearly 3 years since I indulged in any. Wow. I'm going to check out those recipes and look for a Dash of my own.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Oh my homemade ice cream sounds wonderful Enjoy!

Lonni said...

This is going to be an exciting and delicious adventure , Carol!!