Powered by Blogger.

Random Four Friday



Looking west...

In the past I've posted five random topics on Fridays. But these days there's not as much happening and I'm amending the usual five to four topics.  

1) The picture above is from my walk this afternoon. I met one of my neighborhood friends and we had a nice walk in Riverside Park. We took a little rest in front of the gardens and I looked up saw a beautiful cloud formation looking west towards the Hudson River and New Jersey. 

2) I'm not sure if there are still shortages throughout the country, but one thing I haven't been able to find is baking powder. There was lots of flour, but no baking powder. I was coming near the end of the can I had and couldn't find a replacement anywhere, even on line. I mentioned it to dear K, and this was in my mail the next week. I've got a lot of baking to do!

 Can't begin to thank you, K!

The Pen Pal Project is launched

I've mailed two post cards and bought stamps for twenty five more cards -- both for the United States and Europe. I was delighted to open my mail box yesterday and find two envelopes that actually were hand written. The card on the right was from my blog and Facebook buddy, Tina, and the card on the left is from our dear Laurel Wood. Big thanks, my friends. I'm going to be reaching out for addresses that I need beginning this weekend. 

4) No update on my ice cream making yet. The first step is to freeze the ice cream cup for 24 hours and I'm just finishing the 24 hours. I plan to make (and eat) my ice cream/frozen yogurt or sorbet -- not sure which I will be making -- tomorrow and hope to report on Sunday.  

Those are my random four for today. Tomorrow is Pink Saturday and I've got the prettiest pink flowers to share. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care. Much love and stay well!
  

7 comments

Ginny Hartzler said...

The sky is beautiful! Your review of the ice-cream maker will be so interesting, because I read both bad and good on Amazon. But it had an overall good rating.

Laurel Wood said...

That's a gorgeous picture from Riverside Park. My sister and I were talking yesterday about shortages at our grocery stores. So sweet of your friend to send you the baking powder. You'll have to share photos of what you bake with us. I have a nice time searching for just the right card to mail to you. I look forward to your ice cream review. Have a wonderful weekend.

Theresa said...

What a beautiful place to walk and that sky, oh my goodness how gorgeous! Get busy baking girl, can't wait to see what you make. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Chatty Crone said...

It is gorgeous what you are able to see right by your home.
I have found baking powder - but no wipes!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You may only have 4 not 5, but they are good ones all. Glad you had such a nice view at the park and that you will get that ice cream made today. Here it's on the cool side so it would have been better yesterday. We went from mid week 90s down to low to low 60's today

Anonymous said...

Lovely photo. Looking forward to exchanging addresses. And hearing about the ice cream or sorbet. Darlene

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Nice cloud capture on your walk, BC. lately, I have found much enjoyment in cloud watching and so much so that I will actually get up at sunrise just to watch the skies. Only problem is that sunrise comes so darn early! That was a lovely and thoughtful surprise to get in the mail.