Powered by Blogger.

And the Winner Is...


Another wonderful afternoon in Riverside Park

As promised we have a winner to the Central Park note card drawing. I used Random Generator and the winner is our dear friend,  Chatty Crone. Chatty, I will be at the post office this week and have your cards in the mail.


It's hard to imagine that May is ending in only an hour. Lots of blogging, reading cooking and walking. It wasn't my best month for steps, but I had great days yesterday and today -- total of 7.1 miles -- and ended the month walking 72.1 miles. My goal for June is to better than that number. The month also included a return to Yoga, Betsy's big birthday celebration and several good on-line studies. 

Sadly May has also included tragedy and unrest throughout the country. There are times I've felt that my posts are too light for all that is going on, and I'm not acknowledging the big issues all around us. But I also know that Buttercupland is a place of refuge from everything going on around us, and I don't want to lose that.   

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care. Much love and wash your hands. 

9 comments

Ginny Hartzler said...

What gorgeous flowers, with HUGE blooms! I am glad for Chatty! She and I are dear blog friends for many years. In regards to your blog...the awful things that are happening are all around us, on the news, in the paper, etc. It is hard to get away from them. So I see no reason for you to add to the information and sorrow. Your blog is like an oasis, where we can escape for a few minutes and have some fun and beauty. The news out there is all bad, and I have had enough of it.

Dorothy In PA said...

Congratulations to Chatty.

I missed the Saturday blog and am just reading it now. I think you were very brave. I am not a winter person either and I do not like to be cold. I hope you had copious amounts of tea or coffee after that adventure.

I echo Ginny. It's alright not to comment on what is going on in the world. I am enjoying reading blogs so that I don't have to focus on the crazy things. Thank you for taking us on walks in Central Park and treks across the globe.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Walking in nature is the best thing we can do to lift our spirits. Riverside Park is looking so beautiful.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Thankfully June has come and with that better weather we hope. Half the year is over we can only hope that the 2nd half will be better !

Mevely317 said...

Congratulations Chatty! I hope you'll continue to post just as you have and not worry about sounding 'too light.' Speaking for myself, I need this sort of normalcy!

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness - I won - lol - I am not to lucky when it comes to winning things so this is awesome - thank you.
I agree with you - this is a rough season of life - and so sad there is so much anger and that cities are getting ruined. The Covid - Killer wasps! We need to keep praying. God is always there.
I love your friends too!
Love, sandie

Louca por porcelana said...

Congrats to the winner!Beautiful pictures.God bless you all.

Melinda said...

Thankfully we have the safety of our blogs to enjoy.

M : )

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Yes, I agree about all the uneasy events worldwide with the virus and now violent rioters (they are definitely not protesters, but destructive looters) and like yourself I also do not use my blog posts as a platform to comment on these except to comment on how any might be affecting my location. The news media provides enough (sometimes too much) coverage of these events without me adding to the fray. Increasingly, I am seeing other bloggers doing so and that is just not my preference. I am glad to read it is also not yours, Buttercup. Kudos to the winner!