Powered by Blogger.

U Is for Ullapool

Welcome to Ullapool, Scotland

 Medical note from the Buttercupland Department of Public Safety: I am laboriously typing one-handed due to a very careless incident with a knife and a frozen package of shrimp last night, The knife was clean and I had peroxide and bandages in the medicine chest. My finger -- the very tip of my left index finger -- looks fine, but my regular pretty fast touch typing is now at turtle speed. I'm going to abbreviate this post and hope by tomorrow, I'll be back to typing properly.

Two days ago we were in Thailand, where even in January, the cool, dry season, it's easily 90 degrees during the day. Today we're in Ullapool, Scotland, where the weather forecast for the next few days is the mid-fifties.

Ullapool is a fishing town in the northwest Highlands of Scotland, north of both Inverness and the ferry to the Isle of Skye. When I saw the itinerary for my cruise last spring Ullapool was a complete unknown to me. I took the trip primarily for the opportunity to see Shetland, Orkney and Iona. Everything else was a bonus and what a great collection of bonuses.

Our stop in Ullapool, in the Scottish Highlands

As ever, thanks for visiting. Take care and employ all kitchen safety practices! This is not the time to see how well the local urgent care does stitches.The fingers you save may be your own. 

11 comments

JFM said...

Sorry to hear about your accident with the knife.
That could have been so much worse.
Great photo!

Take care and stay safe 🌷

Linda said...

I’m so sorry you hurt yourself! Was it a ring of frozen shrimp for cocktail? That packaging is really tough to get open!

Ginny Hartzler said...

OH, I am so sorry! Very glad you did not have to go to a clinic or E.R., that can be so dangerous now! I am pretty much of a klutz myself. We are trying to drink more water and just take care of ourselves really well. Because we do not want to be going to the doctor or hospital now. I have never heard of this city! It will be interesting, as my step great-grandfather came over from Scotland, and lived with us for awhile. He never lost his Scottish brogue. Keep us updated on your injury!!

peppylady (Dora) said...

During the day it been getting up to 60 here in North Idaho.

Dorothy In PA said...

I am glad you are better now. We definitely need our tour guide.
I loved the photo with the bird on the roof.
New places to me.

Elephant's Child said...

Loved that bird's eye view - and hope you poor finger heals quickly.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Hmm, never a great time to hurt yourself, but today is definitively not a good one... I hope your finger will heal quickly, this is when this happens that we can see how many times during a day we use our hands and fingers!
Beautiful place by the way, Scotland is a lovely country.
Y is for Young

Theresa said...

Oh no, SO sorry about your hurt finger and pray it feels better really soon. I am enjoying traveling the world with you. Enjoy you day dear friend. Hugs

Pam said...

I love that first picture, love Scotland! And would love to visit Thailand. Take care

Kerin said...

Drat! Sorry about your run in with the kitchen knife.
Wishing you a quick mend!

Oh.. I would love to see all these beautiful places, in person :)

~K.

LC said...

Glad your sliced finger is healing well. I sympathize on the typing challenges. A 2011 hemorrhagic stroke affected my left side so I am typing with one finger on right hand. Snail pace, but where there is a will there is a way as well as a cliche!