Powered by Blogger.

Long Live the Blog!

My treasure trove of Valentine goodies from Jodi's Creative Corner.

It's been gloomy and rainy, but I had a burst of sunshine when I received my Valentine's swap package from Jodi of Jodi's Creative Corner. I haven't taken part in a blog swap in ages, but I saw a post on Colletta's Kitchen Sink and decided to jump in. We were asked to share our interests and no surprise, coffee was at the top of my list. Many thanks, Jodi! You did a fabulous job putting my treats together and I'm feeling very spoiled. 

Tomorrow's going to be a vanilla coffee day.

I've mentioned previously that I've gotten a second wind in blogging in the last few months. For several years I believed that blogs were going the way of the rotary phone and I was part of a dying breed. I began to see a number of blog friends stop blogging for an array of reasons and I, too, had lost a lot of steam. I kept up with my long-time blog buddies, but didn't reach out as I had in my early years of blogging. But then in December, like magic, I'd be visiting a long-time blog friend and see a link or comment that was intriguing, and leave a comment and become a follower. 

The more I visited, the more interesting blogs I found. It's been almost like my first year of blogging  when I was reaching out and "meeting" new blogger buddies almost every day. I discovered Colletta and Jodi and a wonderful host of blogs in the last few months, and what a pleasure it's been. I'm peeved at myself for believing that the best days of blogging were behind me, and delighted to realize that the best days of blogging and writing may well be ahead of me. 

Not infrequently I hear from my peers that the greater share of our best days are behind us, and there are days when I am especially creeky that I may agree. But 70 is looming right ahead and, if I'm going to use the time I am blessed with, I need to remind myself every single day that the best days are still ahead. As Robert Browning wrote, "Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be, the last of life, for which the first was made." 

As ever, thanks for visiting and have a bright and blessed Friday.  

9 comments

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is an awesome gift package! I am so glad you did not give up blogging! I will be 71 next month, and I need to have an attitude like yours!

Chatty Crone said...

I read your post and then Ginny comment - I totally agree. What a nice gift package and glad you stayed blogging.
Love the quote, " "Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be, the last of life, for which the first was made."
Sandie

Deb J. in Utah said...

What a lovely gift package! Yes, like you I have wondered if I should continue blogging. My husband got super ill and I stopped for about 10 months, but then decided to return to blogland because I missed the sweet bloggers who have become friends. I think we are all headed in the same direction age-wise. I enjoy reading your blog and I glad I happened upon it. Have a good week.

Deanna Rabe said...

I'm glad blogs haven't gone away!

I think, like you, that everyday has the potential to be the 'best.' Life is a gift!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

You received such a nice package since you love coffee. It's so nice with blogging and connecting with new people.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

WHAT A LOVELY GIFT AND SO GLAD YOUR BLOGGING SPIRIT IS REVIVED IT'S ALWAYS GOOD TO SEE NEW BLOGS AND MEET NEW PEOPLE. THERE IS SUCH A NICE VARIETY TO CHOOSE FROM. SORRY for the all caps. They were on and I didn't change over. But they do express my happiness for your blogging commitment. It's so nice to have this o[tion that doesn't cost a cent but gives a lot of pleasure!

Mevely317 said...

'Ma' just said it all, didn't she? I, too, am so happy to know one of my original b'pals is in it for the long-haul. That Browning quote makes my heart smile.

Jodi said...

I am so glad you like your goodies!!! This too was the first swap I have been in, in a very long time! I am so glad that people are back to blogging. Have a beautiful Saturday!!

TARYTERRE said...

your gift package was delightful, filled with all those goodies. enjoy. i hear what you're saying about blogs. i took almost a year off from mine. nothing to write about except all my health issues and that gets boring very fast. i love your blog and would miss it if you stopped.