Powered by Blogger.

We Interrupt Our Regularly Scheduled Content

 
Breaking News from the Buttercupland Department of Technology
 
In a triumph of customer service, Microsoft scrubbed clean my email account and restored my access. Thursday was a day of tears of joy and smiles when I opened the email from my contact at Microsoft, Chris, with the miraculous news. For the last forty-eight hours I have spent my computer time deleting and reading and there is still a boatload of email to go through. 
 
Lessons learned:
 
Print out anything that you absolutely don't want to lose. I know that we are supposedly in a paperless society, but actually we aren't.  
 
Have a second email account.
 
Update your information for your accounts. If you find yourself in this situation, in order to restore access your company will need to verify that you are the owner of the account. Make sure your cell phone number is up to date and the second email address is also current.
 
 
But there's always time for coffee and today's Blogging from A to Z Journey takes us to Gregorys, a chain of coffee shops in New York City, New Jersey and Washington, D.C. I discovered it during my first coffee A to Z, and in the last few years additional sites have been added in New York City. My favorite Gregory's is on the Upper East Side and I'm always happy to find myself close by.

I'm pleased to report that the coffee remains top-notch and the pastry collection even more enticing than I remembered. I chose a simple, but very tasty biscotti, which was just right for dunking in my iced coffee. However, there's a maple doughnut that has captured my imagination. I know one day it will call me like the Sirens of old and I will make a return trip to Gregory's.

Again, thanks to Microsoft, the week ends happily in Buttercupland. What made you happy this week?

As ever, thanks for visiting. Please join us tomorrow for a visit to Austin, TX and until then, enjoy your coffee and your weekend!  

6 comments

Suddenly Susan said...

That has never happened to me and it sounds scary. I do rely on my email account to always be there and accessible. What happened?

I keep most of my important information in an old fashioned Rolodex. Most young people nowadays don't even know what a Rolodex is. When I go on long trips, often times I will take it with me or hide is very well in my house so that a) a burglar would never find it, b) a nosey or dishonest house sitter wouldn't get into it. You think you can trust people but it is foolish to think you can trust everyone.

Thank you for sharing your experience with this! Helpful. Susan

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Yay! So glad you got your email account back! Biscotti are wonderful coffee dunkers! Haven't had any for awhile, but it may be time to get some to enjoy! Have a wonderful Sunday, We have April showers in northern Ohio!

Sam I Am...... said...

Glad you were able to get your emails back. i could care less if mine disappeared as it is all junk mail! LOL! I too love coffee but the closest coffee shop to me is like 2 hours away so I make my own. I've even made my own biscotti but pistachios are very expensive shelled! I have arthritis so I can't shell them so next time no pistachios but it was very good!
Waht made me happy this weekend...well, lots but the big thing was that I got 2 t.v.'s, a satellite box and a printer to recycling. they have been sitting in my garage for forever! I'm hoping this is just the begining of a de-cluttered life! Have a great one!

Melinda said...

Glad things came out good for you.
Also don't forget to back up your computer to a flash drive
that goes with you everywhere in case something happens to \
your apt or computer.

M : )

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I have been away from Blogger for a month so I don’t know what has been going on with you and your email. I am so glad , though, that you have had it straightened out. I am not a coffee drinker, but I am a biscotti eater and would certainly enjoy a cup of Chai tea with that or any other delicious bakery item that they offered. Of course, I would probably feel guilty for eating it but I know that I would enjoy eating every bite.

TARYTERRE said...

glad you're back in business.