Powered by Blogger.

H Is for Houndstooth

The choice for the letter "H" in the Blogging from A to Z takes us to Austin, Texas
 
 
I had the good pleasure to attend a BlogHer conference in Austin several years ago and one of my delights was visiting a few of the locally renowned coffee locations. I knew that Austin had a well-earned reputation for great food and beverages. I made coffee my focus and every morning I tried a new place. I had no disappointments. However, Houndstooth -- yes, named for the fabric -- was my favorite. I found great coffee, well brewed and a calm, spacious environment in which to enjoy it. If you're in Austin, this is a definite stop on the trail of outstanding coffee. 
 

I'd love to be back at this counter for a great cup of coffee
 
 
Tomorrow we have a treat in store. We're leaving Austin for a trip to South America. Extraordinary sights and a memorable coffee experience. I hope you'll join us. I also hope you'll join the fun at Pink Saturday, where some of my favorite bloggers get together each week.
 
After a lovely almost summer weekend in New York, it's time to begin a new week. I've got a dentist appointment and a trip to the post office planned. What does your Monday look like?
 
As ever, thanks for visiting and let's have a cup of coffee!
 

7 comments

Linda said...

My son loves coffee! You remind me of his travels and coffee experiences! He has traveled the world experiencing local roasted coffees.
He has been in Austin and agrees with you - what a great place for a cup of coffee!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

My Monday is looking pretty cold but there is my good cup of coffee, to keep me warm! Saturday was wonderful. Storms blew in on Sunday and today we have a little snow mixed in with the rain. It was only 35 degrees when I work up!

TARYTERRE said...

looks like a terrific coffee shop. glad you have such nice memories of it. enjoy your monday. mine will be relatively boring.

Kerin said...

Good luck at your appt.

Isn't there an Austin Riverwalk?
I think I've heard that there is a very cool river walk there, and one day I'd love to see that!

I've mowed the lawns today and baked banana bread.
I'm fixing to plan our menus and today is the day I scrub bathrooms.
Monday work, new week work.

Smiles :)
~K.

Cherdo said...

Great coffee is worth searching for!

Thanks, and best wishes!
Cherdo
Cherdo on the Flipside
Blogging from A-to-Z April Challenge

Little Wandering Wren said...

Just popped over to see how your A -Z was going. You're doing well, must be all that coffee! Great news that they have good coffee in Texas!
Wren x

Narayana Rao K.V.S.S. said...

"I had the good pleasure to attend a BlogHer conference in Austin several years ago " We missed more A to Z posts from you. Best wishes.

Reflections on A to Z Blogging challenge 2019 - Narayana Rao - Management Theory Blog #atozchallenge