Powered by Blogger.

Remembering: September 11, 2001

A moment at the 9/11 Memorial


This post is the tenth Buttercupland remembrance of September 11 that I have written. My first post was in 2009, in my first year of blogging. Not unlike other grieving experiences I have known, as the years have gone by my feelings are less raw, but the pain and the sadness remain, and I suspect they will as long as I live. There is too much grief and too much sorrow to just disappear, and I don't want those who died on this day seventeen years ago to be forgotten. My pain is their remembrance. I would have it no other way.

Below the photograph is a video I took at the 9/11 Memorial this afternoon. It's my first Buttercupland video, so please excuse any issues viewing it. I wanted to share the experience with  those who were not able to be there today. 

It was a tough day, my friends, but this year as in years past, I appreciate the support and love from friends around the world. I am, as always, very grateful.

As ever, thanks for visiting. Take good care and give an extra hug to those you love. 
 

8 comments

TARYTERRE said...

Thank you for the video. A touching reminder, indeed.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It's a day I will never forget. I remember that you live and worked close by and the day is more real to you than many of us. Praying we will never have to see a day like that again.

Mevely317 said...

Wonderful video, Carol.
Your words, "My pain is their remembrance." Wow! That's going in my little notebook, Poems, Prayers and Promises.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Beautifully said, Carol.

I’ve not been in the city for half a dozen years, I’d like to come and see the memorial and the museum.

Little Wandering Wren said...

You did well with your video.
Hugs to you for each of your 9/11 posts. It is still so shocking and sad isn't it?
Wren x

Chatty Crone said...

I for one will NEVER EVER FORGET!

Theresa said...

Beautiful tribute...

Mimi said...

That day.

Thank you for sharing the video with those of us who live far away.