Powered by Blogger.

Happy 5779 Pink Saturday

Honey for a sweet year ahead!
 
Every year I get a thought of the Jewish New Year, Rosh Hashanah -- head of the year -- in July. I think this is a good time to organize things I need to do. And every year I think to myself it's too early to write cards/make donations/list things I want to do before the holiday. And every year I look up from my daily life and realize the new year begins tomorrow. Tomorrow at this time, 5778 will be history and the celebration of 5779 will have begun. This year, as in past years, I will attend services, pray, spend time with people I love and reflect on the year past. 
 
One thing I especially want to do in the hours ahead is pray for my family and friends around the world. I started asking for prayer requests in Buttercupland several years ago and have now extended this to my friends on Facebook. I was touched and honored to be the recipient of dozens of requests last year. No request is too small. Our services are long and my mind does wander over the hours spent over the next two weeks. Praying for others gives me focus and connection.  
 
The year past held some wonderful moments -- trips to Iceland, England and Australia -- spent with dear friends. But the last six months included loss and illness among a number of people who are very dear to me. My first prayer, as it is every year, is peace in the world. My second prayer is good health for those near and dear.My third prayer is faith and strength to bear all that 5779 will hold.
 
I'm linking with my friends at Pink Saturday to share my holiday good wishes. If you have a minute please stop by and visit with this great group of bloggers.

Good wishes to all who celebrate Rosh Hashanah and healthy and happy wishes to all!


6 comments

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Happy New Year to you ! A good way to start by praying and reflection. May the year ahead be filled with only good things for you !

Little Wandering Wren said...

Dearest Carol - I feel very honoured to have had the pleasure of meeting you during your last year. May the year ahead be blessed with all that you pray for.
Wren x

Unknown said...

L'Shanah Tovah. For a happy, healthy 5779 and may you receive everything you wish for.
Love, Lynda

Chatty Crone said...

I hope you have a wonderful new year. Sandie

Susie said...

Carol, Please pray for my great grandson Luke. Thank you so much. I hope your day is filled with love of friends and family. Blessings xoxo, Susie

TARYTERRE said...

happy Rosh Hashanah.