Powered by Blogger.

Monkey Monday Meets Curious George

Curious George and Elmo get together for a musical interlude. 

It's not often that we get a chance to interview one of our literary favorites. But we've got a Monkey Monday treat in Buttercupland today. I was walking through Grand Central Station last week and saw one of my all-time literary favorites, Curious George, visiting with his friend, Elmo. George -- or C.G. as he's know to friends -- graciously answered a few questions for his Monkey Monday fans. Thanks, C.G.!

Buttercup: C.G., it's a treat to meet you. I've been a fan for over sixty years. You're looking good. 

C.G.: Thanks, Buttercup. I'm feeling good. I love to have fun and that, and a little mischief, keep me lively. 

Buttercup: CG, what are some of your favorite ways to have fun?

C.G. I like to ride my bike, fly kites and I love bananas. Most of all I like to spend time with friends. Of course, the Man with the Yellow Hat is top of the list, but I like making music with Elmo, and visiting with Madeline and Babar. We're all old friends.  

Buttercup: Thanks, C.G. for making time for Buttercup. You're one of our favorites. 

Spending time with Curious George is a treat. What other literary figures, monkey or not, would you like to meet? Pardon the inadvertent rhyme, but the words just fell into place. 

We had another glorious late summer/early fall day. Besides a nice walk to the library, I spent some time straightening up my apartment and pondered this age-old question. How can one person in three small rooms make have so much mess? But I cleaned the kitchen, took out newspapers and decluttered a drawer. My goal is to declutter one dresser drawer -- there are about a dozen and some are small -- each day. This should make real headway by the beginning of October.  

As always, thanks for visiting and have a beautiful week. 

11 comments

Nellie said...

How exciting to see Curious George! He was quite the favorite with our daughters when they were young! Our granddaughter loved Clifford, the Big Red Dog!

Linda said...

I love George! My son has a whole family of Curious Georges--however, "George" has been through alot--heart surgery with the boy, this and that's..as a matter of fact, I got a well deserved hug from George today. There is nothing like Curious George! Even for a 47 yr old and a 17 yr old! Thanks for the smiles, Buttercup...Blessings

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What fun! I have an old Curious George...from years ago! He is like an old friend, isn't he? Hugs!

Anonymous said...

I have one great niece, age 5, who loves Curious George and another one who is 1 1/2 who loves Elmo!

Stephanie said...

Oh how fun, Carol! My nephew loves monkeys especially Curious George :)

Hugs to you!

TARYTERRE said...

So sweet to hear from Curious George. Enjoyed your Q&A.

Sola Scriptura said...

What a fun post! I just adore Curious George! You're doing well with your de-cluttering. It's a lot of work, especially when you don't have lots of space to spread out. So keep up the good work.

Kerin said...

Such great characters! Love the display and the dialogue :)

Best of luck with your Fall cleaning.

{{hugs}}
K.

Dee said...

Dear Carol, I'd so like to meet Nan, who is a character in "Little Men" by Louisa May Alcott. That book was my favorite when I was young. Peace.

Ida said...

Well that was fun. I like Curious George he seems like such a fun monkey. I'd like to meet up with Tigger from Winnie the Pooh. He's so lively.

Melinda said...

Very cute post.
I think the Disney characters
Belle, Cinderella, Ariel and
Snow White would be fun to meet.

M : )