Powered by Blogger.

To Puppies Everywhere

I don't know about you, but I usually have an idea about a post before I sit down to write it. I've taken my pictures, cropped them and have a title in mind. Today's post was no exception. I had tickets for the Meredith Viera Show, and as soon as my friend, Betsy, and I arrived to pick up our tickets I was snapping pictures for the post I planned to do.

    


I was especially excited when I found out Neil Patrick Harris was the main guest of the show that was taped today, which will be aired tomorrow, and I was sure that nothing could be more fun. Meredith and Neil Patrick Harris chatting together were fun and interesting, but my heart was stolen completely and unexpectedly by Seth Casteel, who was a  total delight. Seth is a pet photographer and his segment was about his work taking pictures of shelter dogs in need of forever homes. We got to meet three dogs who found new homes because of Seth's photographs, and they were sweethearts. 

Seth's latest book is "Underwater Puppies" and if you like dogs, love dogs or just think dogs are kind of cute, your heart will melt seeing the photographs in this book. I can't think of very many people who can resist a book whose dedication reads, "I dedicate this book to puppies everywhere. Thank you for sharing your love and bringing smiles to our faces."


This is not the post I planned to write, but three sweet dogs and several dozen swimming puppies, ran in and stole this post, along with my heart.  

Another glorious not quite fall day. I am beginning to see pumpkins everywhere and I am pleased to be making the transition to fall. I love the quiet of days without the air conditioner and the first of the New York state apple crop makes me very happy. It's almost time for my first baked apple of the season.

As always, thanks for visiting and take good care.

Please note: I was given a copy of "Underwater Puppies" as a guest of the Meredith Viera Show, but the opinions are all mine. 

11 comments

Terra said...

That sounds like a fun day seeing the show and receiving the book too.

The Cranky said...

Neil Patrick Harris and puppies? Sounds like a perfect day to me... and there are far worse things than being captivated by dogs and puppies!

Leslie said...

Very cool.

Sola Scriptura said...

"Underwater Puppies" looks like a fantastic book! What a wonderful idea to take pictures of shelter dogs to help them find homes. I would want to adopt them all!

Tracy said...

I'm so jealous that you got a copy of that book. It looks so cute.

Susie said...

Carol, I saw this show today...I loved that photographer taking cute pictures to help the doggies find homes. Special. xoxo,Susie

Mevely317 said...

What a great thing, Mr. Casteel's using his God-given talents to help out the shelter pups!

I don't have opportunity to view Meredith's show (tho' I like her - a lot), so I'm really glad you've shared this bit of good news!

Chatty Crone said...

That is right you get to go to all those shows! Lucky you. Just stopping by and saying hello.

Ida said...

I've seen calendars and pictures of "underwater" dogs, they look so funny. That had to be fun to meet the author of the book.

Melinda said...

So fun for you!

M :)

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Lucky you to see the show. Puppies steal everyone's heart.