Powered by Blogger.

Baby, It's Cold Outside

This may -- or it may not -- be my only post about my dislike of winter. It's been relatively mild this year, but as I was standing at the bus stop tonight my feelings about winter returned. I had my hat and gloves, but I'm so out of practice, I'd forgotten my scarf and the wind was whipping my neck, even though I was wearing one of my almost ubiquitous turtleneck sweaters.

I know I promised to begin our weekly book chats, but it's been a full week and I am so tired. The book post is postponed until tomorrow. Tonight I'm going to brew a cup of tea and curl up in my new lounge socks...

  My present to me! I stopped off at Bath and Body to buy a birthday present tonight and couldn't resist these fun and cozy pink and orange socks. 

...and then for the first time I am linking to Beverly's Pink Saturday. I've wanted to be part of the pink Saturday fun for ages and finally, I've got a pink post for Saturday. 

Have a pretty in pink Saturday and enjoy!


16 comments

Terra said...

Pink and orange striped socks, it doesn't get cuter than that.

Anne said...

What toasty-looking socks! Happy Pink Saturday,my Dear!
Hugs,
Anne

The Cranky said...

I love warm, colourful socks...my family got me four pair for Christmas this year, bless them!

Sleep sweet and return well-rested.

Theresa said...

Love those colorful socks! Enjoy the warmth of your home this weekend, HUGS!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I bought a couple pairs of those socks for Christmas gifts this past year. They are soft and cuddly for sure! Maybe I should have gotten myself a pair. Hope you have a warm and relaxing weekend.

Anonymous said...

It's cold here in Nova Scotia too! I love your new socks. We all need a treat now and again. Keep warm!

Ms Sparrow said...

Have a nice weekend.

Anonymous said...

Love these socks too!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Pat @ Pat's Pink Apron

Chatty Crone said...

It's a bit cold here too Carol! And i love your spring pink socks. Have a good weekend.

Mevely317 said...

What great (fun) colors ...they remind me of Chicklets!
Sorry to hear how miserable you felt at that bus-stop! As much as I love the cold, there's nothing worse than feeling the wind on your face and neck.
Hope your evening was cozy and you're feeling much better today!


Unknown said...

Cute and cozy socks. That should help you fight the winter blues. I'm not a winter-lover either.

Nellie said...

Great looking socks! I'll think of you when I wear my own toasty socks!

Anonymous said...

A cuppa tea and cozy socks. A great way to pamper yourself after a cold, busy week.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Looks very soft! Glad you've joined the fun!

Hopping from Pink Saturday.
Here's MINE, your comment is always appreciated.

Tanna said...

I think I may need a pair of those!! Looks like a good prescription for winter doldrums... and I could use one. ;) blessings ~ tanna

Lynda said...

Bath & Body is fun but my favorite is Bed, Bath, & Beyond!!! I love organizational stuff so my next favorite is an office supply store.